Director, Finance Canada
About Our Client:
Our client is a global manufacturing organization.
Reporting directly to the VP of Finance, the Director, Finance Canada, is responsible for full oversight of the financial operations, being responsible for decisions and deliverables at a senior level, as well as being a key member of the management team. In this role, you will be responsible for complete financial management of all Canada locations including; consolidations, budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, audits, working papers and special projects as assigned.
This position is also responsible for providing financial leadership to several manufacturing plants and their management teams.
- Structure and preparation of monthly financial statements and production statistical reporting.
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliation, monthly journal entries, analysis and maintenance of general ledger on all systems as required (Logic, SAP, and other as necessary).
- Capital management for all the facilities, forecasting 3 times per month, accounting and the proper recording, identification and security of all Fixed Assets.
- Ensure all Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements are fulfilled.
- Responsible for Canada’s annual budget and weekly outlooks.
- Manages performance of staff, review and communicate objectives and strategies to ensure consistency and high levels of productivity.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to and there are appropriate controls in place to meeting all financial reporting requirements and business management needs.
- Ensure VP, Finance is kept up-to-date on all significant issues on a timely basis.
- Provide leadership in the development of the business plan for the Canadian Finance group. Ensure the plans include/incorporate appropriate stretch while also providing reasonable standards for purposes of securing new profitable business.
- Support manufacturing leadership team in complex analysis of cross-facility opportunities and other strategic analyses.
- Structure and preparation of all Finance Canada budgets and the annual budget process, including weekly outlooks for all areas including; Manufacturing, Customer Service, General Overhead, Schedules and Budget commentary.
- Ensure all reporting deadlines are met for both Canada and US corporate offices.
- Manage the restructuring process.
- Proper recording, identification and security of all Fixed Assets.
- Completion of Internal and External Audit processes, Statistics Canada Questionnaires, any other external financial reports as necessary.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Requires knowledge of all corporate accounting procedures and applicable manufacturing procedures
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Must have an accounting designation, CGA, CMA
- Minimum 5 years management experience
- Must have experience with Standard Costing
- Must have manufacturing or operations experience
To apply, please send a resume to Allison Dwyer at Dwyer@summitsearchgroup.com
Take a moment and enter your details and a representative will contact you regarding this opportunity shortly.
Position Applying For:
Director, Finance Canada