Executive Director – Long Term Care, Moncton, NB
Executive Director: Long Term Care – Moncton, NB
Our client is searching for that hidden gem…a professional with both patient compassion and the ability to work in senior management. The ideal candidate must have operational expertise, people development skills and above all else…must have the ability to see that patients come first…ALWAYS!)
- Responsible for the overall management of the Long Term Care facility, including directing, organizing and evaluating the day to day operations. This is a unionized environment.
- Responsible for ensuring a high standard of holistic, resident centered health care service to the residents of the facility with the resources available.
- Facilitates the development, implementation and evaluation of the long-range (strategic) plan in conjunction with the senior management team and the community council.
- Develops with the senior management team, policies and objectives to achieve the mission and goals of the facility.
- Responsible for liaison with Area Supervisor, Corporate Headquarters, Territorial Headquarters Consultants and The New Brunswick Association of Nursing Homes.
Scope, Authority, Terms of Reference:
- The Executive Director provides leadership and direction for the operations of all programs, services and the facility and directly supervises the Director of Care, Support Services Manager, HR Coordinator/Financial Assistant, Administrative Assistant and Chaplain.
- The Executive Director is responsible for all facility-wide departmental operations, programs, and services of the facility.
- Develops organizational structure and communicates the details to the staff.
- Establishes an effective communication network with residents, families, physicians, staff, community agencies, other health care facilities, media and licensing and funding authorities.
- Develops the mission, philosophy of care, and leadership philosophy in conjunction with senior management team and the community council.
- Ensures a written purpose statement, principal functions, and annual objectives for each service/function/department.
- Ensures that there are sufficient numbers of qualified staff to meet the needs of residents and to fulfill the mission of the facility.
- Ensures that orientation, staff development and continuing education programs are available to all staff and works with departmental managers to identify staff education needs.
- Participates on management and medical advisory committees and other committees/teams internal and external as appropriate.
- Ensures the implementation and evaluation of the facilities quality improvement, risk management and occupational health and safety activities.
- Ensures that the facility is compliant with applicable legislation and regulations.
- In conjunction with the HR/Financial Assistant and input from other departmental managers, prepares the organizational budget.
- Administers and operates within the approved budget for financial control, personnel management and resident care programs and ensures optimum utilization of resources.
- Approves all purchasing, support service, maintenance and consultant contracts for the facility and its programs.
- Human Resources(In conjunction with HQ HR):
- Hiring management personnel and defines management authority and responsibilities. Responsible for orientation, supervising, evaluating, discipline, and terminating all department managers.
- In conjunction with the specific department manager, participates in the recruitment, screening, hiring, training, supervising and discipline of staff members where and when appropriate.
- Interprets organizational human resources, policies and collective agreements as required.
- Resident Care Programs and Services
- Ensures that the standards of care provided at the facility are consistent with the mission and philosophy of care.
- Ensures compliance with federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and ensures inspection reports are reviewed, followed up and communicated to management staff.
- Appoints the position of Medical Advisor for the facility.
- Approves contracts for resident medications (Pharmacist), Medical Advisor, Podiatrist, and Hairdresser.
Education and Experience
- Baccalaureate degree in a field of study relevant to the operation of a 50 – 99 beds of a nursing home including or supplemented by recognized courses in administration and/or health care; and four years relevant managerial experience.
- Certificate in Long Term Management from the Canadian HealthCare Association
- Minimum of five years experience in a similar position in Long Term Care or equivalent position in health care an asset but not a requirement.
- Demonstrated skill in the management of financial and human resources in health care.
Personal/ Special Requirements
- Must possess the personal qualities and attitudes that respect and maintain the spirit, dignity and individuality of the residents and staff.
- Ability to coach, lead and motivate staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work co-operatively and effectively with staff, residents, visitors and the public.
For additional information about this unique Executive Director’s role, please contact Cynthia McCutcheon at Summit Search Group: firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly: 902 405 3607
Summit Search Group would like to thank everyone who applies. Please note that only those candidates who meet the criteria will receive follow up communications.
RecruiterAdministrative Management General Management Nursing Operations Management
Take a moment and enter your details and a representative will contact you regarding this opportunity shortly.
Position Applying For:
Executive Director – Long Term Care, Moncton, NB