CR1401 – Sales & Marketing Director for Canada
CR1401 – Canadian Sales and Marketing Director
Looking for an adventure, not a job?
Summit Search Group is proud to partner with Icebreaker to search for their Sales & Marketing Director for Canada. One of the few truly socially and environmentally responsible apparel companies, Icebreaker has created a unique work environment that we at Summit Search Group are proud to represent:
Icebreaker is one of the world’s most innovative and dynamic apparel brands. Born in nature, and worn in nature, Icebreaker merino apparel reminds consumers that “All good things are wild and free”. They produce a system of premium merino layers in ranges that cater to the Outdoor, Performance, and Active Lifestyle consumer and are currently sold in more than 3000 stores in 37 countries, and are growing quickly.
United behind our goal to be the passionate global leaders in merino, Icebreaker is a team of world-class individuals. They seek out talented and visionary people who care deeply about their impact in the world, and who believe deeply in what they do. They’re diverse, passionate, hardworking, and fun. They imagine the future, and empower each other to create it.
ABOUT ICEBREAKER MERINO:
Icebreaker knows that, “Nature is better than plastic.”
Nature created Icebreaker merino wool as protection against the scorching summers and freezing winters of New Zealand’s rugged Southern Alps mountain range. Instead of trying to design a better fibre, they adapted merino wool into a lightweight system of all-season garments for people. And because it was made in the mountains, rather than a lab, merino wool is renewable, recyclable and biodegradable. Sustainability is at the heart of Icebreaker, and they aim for profitable sustainability — a business model that balances ecology with economy.
Icebreaker’s long-term contracts with the world’s best merino growers create a win/win situation. The contracts allow them to take responsibility for the quality of the wool and how the animals are treated, and growers can lock in long-term price security, which gives them a certain future.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Reporting to the General Manager for Canada, this newly created role of Director of Sales & Marketing will be based from a funky office in Vancouver’s famous Gastown to lead wholesale sales and marketing efforts in the Canadian market and be an integral part of the Canadian leadership team.
The role is responsible for:
• Aligning sales and marketing efforts to achieve our annual Canadian wholesale revenue target.
• Driving sales and marketing performance to achieve two seasonal Sell-in and Sell-thru wholesale revenue targets per year.
• Leading seasonal Go-To-Market revenue-planning processes that achieve or over-achieve budgeted sales plans.
• Coaching and developing a world-class and fully integrated sales and marketing team.
• Capitalizing on emerging opportunities, and strengthening Icebreaker’s core partnerships to further expand Icebreaker’s Canadian market-share.
• Leading the sales and marketing teams to execute world-class sales and marketing programs that deepen partnerships, facilitate successful sell-ins, and encourage industry-leading sell-thru.
• Supporting Icebreaker’s Canadian Direct-to-consumer business by creating a healthy and robust consumer base and leading integration of sales and marketing initiatives across pathways.
We’re looking for a world-class candidate with the following experience:
• Bilingual speaker with strong English and French language skills
• 5 – 15 years’ of related professional experience, with a proven track record in the apparel, footwear, or similar industry (preferably in Canada)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing team(s) of diverse and highly motivated sales professionals
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading the development of effective wholesale account relationships (preferably in Canada)
• Experience developing world-class integrated sales and marketing teams (preferably in Canada)
• Deep knowledge of wholesale marketing programs and trade / B2B sales programs
• Deep understanding of the outdoor, snow sports, and sporting goods industry
• Exceptional analytical skills alongside a strong ability to authentically grow relationships and lead teams
• Ability to travel extensively as required (Roughly 30% of the year).
Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. Relevant Bachelors degree preferred.
And finally, it wouldn’t be right if we didn’t mention that you would be based in one of the most amazing cities in the world, Vancouver BC. With the coastal mountains right in your back yard you can finish work and be up on the mountain in less than 45 minutes ready for a night ski or snow shoe adventure. In the summer, take advantage of world class mountain biking terrain or the most spectacular hiking you can ever imagine. Of course, if you have a day off, the world class Whistler-Blackcomb resort is less than 2 hours from the city. If that’s not enough, how about weekend getaways to beautiful Tofino for some surfing or storm watching, sailing or boating around our gorgeous coastline, maybe a quick trip into our Okanogan valley to spend a weekend taking in wine tours or golfing, or possibly just exploring the city by walking or jogging around our seawall that never disappoints with its beauty or fresh ocean air.
If this sounds like the right company, the right team, the right place to live, and the right corporate culture, we invite you to submit your resume for consideration. In fact, we encourage you to do so….
To Apply Now:
RecruiterB2B sales Branch Manager Business Development Fashion & Apparel General Management Manufactures Rep Manufacturing National Accounts Operations Operations Management Sales Management
Take a moment and enter your details and a representative will contact you regarding this opportunity shortly.
Position Applying For:
CR1401 – Sales & Marketing Director for Canada