Our client – a leading manufacturer of packaging and bottling machinery – is seeking an Accountant to be responsible for overseeing all aspects of their financials and General Ledgers.
Monthly and Year End Reporting
- Analyze the financial results and prepare the appropriate entries and the Financial reports with comments and explanations for onsite management and national and global offices
- Analyze and prepare the monthly HST SAP entry and government report together with required payments.
- Oversee Billing Clerk and monthly billing, resolve billing issues, coordinate with service regarding billing
- Process quotes and place order for internal purchases
- Complete expense reports for management
- Prepare and complete all month end documents and input into BPC system
- Administrative support to management
- Presentation of monthly Financials to Controller and Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Analyze the YE financial results and prepare the appropriate entries and the Financial reports with comments and explanations for onsite management and national and global offices
- Prepare and analyze the audit lead sheets for Year End audit work
- Assist the auditors in preparation of the Years Audited Financial Results
- Coordinate the LCS report approval timelines
- Track cash flow on a daily basis, analyze cash requirements and forecast and request cash infusion when required
- Prepare monthly bank revaluations and fraud system updates
- prepare as required wire transfers, stop payments and cash reports
- Establish and maintain good bank relationships
Budget and Strategic Plans
- Develop, with input from onsite management, an effective and achievable budget for the year
- Presentation of site budget to onsite management with analysis and commentary for final presentation to global office
- Develop, track and maintain actual to budget reports and charts presented on a quarterly basis at the monthly company meeting
- Develop, analyze, and present a quarterly forecast, taking into consideration the actuals and corrective action needed to arrive at the years budget
- Present efforts to redress deficiencies to achieve budget plans
- Provide financial advice on prospective company plans and decisions
Intercompany Accounts Receivables and Payables
- Provide monthly intercompany reporting for accounts receivable and payables.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 + years of accounting experience
- Ability to develop, manipulate, and process complex financial information
- Ability to co-ordinate unique and/or similar functions to implement company goals
- Ability to understand and derive knowledge from different sources and individuals
- Advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel
To apply, please send a resume to Shannon Terpstra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process
RecruiterAccounting and Finance
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.