The Accounting Manager is responsible for all accounting functions, company financial reporting, budgeting and planning; ensuring that company procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles. The Accounting Manager also streamlines processes to create reliable and timely delivery of accounting information and may be consulted regarding strategic planning for the business. The Accounting Manager oversees an accounts payable clerk and the reconciliation/payables clerk.
- Manage all accounting functions including journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal and regulatory requirements, and company policies and procedures.
- Monitor accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll and statutory reporting.
- Implement and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal, regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Compile and analyze monthly statements and reports.
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of financial information.
- Provide advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems,
record keeping, analysis, and reporting.
- Managing year-end accounting process
- Liaise with financial institutions, CCRA and external accounting firm as necessary
- Support new systems or project selections and implementation from a finance and/or IT
- Assign and authorize cheques, and invoices
- Hire, train and manage accounting staff (with support of HR)
- Provide timely information to Payroll provider and Benefits/Group RRSP Provider
- Minimum 3-5 years experience at the Accounting Manager level
- Accounting diploma or certificate, or suitable combination of education and experience
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial
management including payroll
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying
principles, reasons, or facts
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant Federal, Provincial and local legislation and
requirements regarding financial records, and the like is essential.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Financial analysis, budgeting and planning experience
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, Access
RecruiterAccounting and Finance Management Administrative
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.