Our client is a full services CPA firm performing numerous audits, reviews, NTR and other assignments throughout the Ottawa area. They are looking for an individual to make a difference on their team.
Our client needs a key person to assume full responsibility for a large group of accounts as a hands-on participant and to provide assistance to a small staff. In addition, the successful candidate will perform review and NTR assignments, as well as participate actively in the review and preparation of personal and corporate tax returns and other challenges as they arise. The primary focus on the assurance work will be in the not-for-profit sector. Prompt advancement and/or an equity interest may be available to the right candidate.
This is a work from home opportunity!
• Developing and maintaining relationships with clients and other stakeholders.
• Managing and reviewing small audit and review engagements and assisting in the preparation and management of larger audit and review engagements.
• Meeting with clients to review financial statements.
• Managing deadlines to ensure all filing and reporting requirements are met.
• Assisting in the training and mentoring of staff.
• Other duties as required.
Experience and Requirements:
• Post-secondary education required.
• CPA designation.
• 3 to 5 years; experience in a public accounting firm.
• Strong auditing, accounting and tax skills.
• Experience with Caseware, Caseview, and TaxPrep as well as Microsoft Excel, Word, Simply Accounting and Quickbooks is considered an asset.
• Excellent client service skills.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Client focus.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Interested parties will send their resume to Megan Newell at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.