Our client is a growing company in the construction industry in London, Ontario. The position of Architectural Designer/Drafter reports to the Drafting Supervisor. The job encompasses drafting, coordination of projects and people to achieve profitability and smooth work flow. This position coordinates and communicates effectively with the Sales/Estimating, Drafting, Project Managers and Plant and Site Labour.
• Assists in creating shop drawings; First Submittals, 2nd Submittals, Sheet Layouts, Quantity Reports, Site Dimensions, For Construction, Fabrication Tickets and As Built Drawings.
• Follow drafting standards.
• Responsible for all shop drawings and design issues.
• Follow corporate policies and procedures.
• Other duties as required.
Education and Requirements:
• Post-secondary education (preferably construction) or related experience.
• Experience using AutoCAD.
• Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
• Must be detail oriented and accurate.
• Collaboration, good analytical skills and the ability to articulate yourself.
• Ability to read and understand project drawings and specifications.
• Complete on time drafting deadlines.
• Mistakes and problems to a minimum.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite with excellent skills in MS Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please forward resumes to Megan Newell at Summit Search Group [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
RecruiterTechnician and Technologist
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For: