Associate Insurance Advisor
About Our Client:
Our client is an established and respected leading Canadian multi-line insurance and financial services organization.
Our client aspires to be the leader in client engagement among Canadian Insurers. They strive to provide a seamless and personalized client experience. Their knowledgeable and trusted team is committed to delivering financial services solutions to meet their client’s unique needs. The Associate Insurance Advisor is a key player in the support and development of the agency operation primarily through sales and service. For this position, fluency in English and either Mandarin or Cantonese is an absolute requirement. This role utilizes a broad knowledge of their client’s insurance products and services including personal lines (auto, home) and specialty lines (farm and commercial). In addition, may provide sales and service for life and wealth products if life licensed.
- Advise and recommend coverages and policies that best meet client needs.
- Sales, service and profitable growth of both personal lines and specialty lines products.
- Actively focus on prospecting for all lines of business by identifying and recommending additional products/services that benefit the client.
- Complete front-line risk assessment and selection following underwriting guidelines.
- Complete inspections and re-inspections.
- Achieve individual goals for client service, sales, quality and productivity and contribute to the achievement of overall agency sales and growth goals.
- Respond to client questions and concerns, resolve customer complaints and escalate issues appropriately.
- Proactively complete client reviews on the auto, home, farm and/or commercial portfolio.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Must be fluent in English AND either Mandarin OR Cantonese
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle, with some local travel on occasion.
- You remain focused and optimistic in the pursuit of a goal, despite barriers, until the objective is achieved and effectively manage your time in the quest of client satisfaction.
- You leverage information about client’s needs and situations to qualify sales opportunities and exhibit strong communication skills that allow you to clearly convey messages.
- You are committed to continuous improvement and building productive client relationships in order to exceed client expectations.
- You’re an effective team player and provide guidance to support the development of your peers.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education (diploma/degree) preferred
- General Insurance license is required.
- A Life license is an asset.
- Meet all provincial-licensing requirements in accordance with continuing education in order to obtain and maintain all licenses.
- A minimum of 2 years insurance industry experience including sales experience is preferred.
- Possess knowledge of auto and property insurance products and strong underwriting skills.
- A minimum of 2 years of Insurance industry experience is preferred, but not mandatory. Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada’s Best Employers.
- Opportunities to give back to your community.
To apply, please send a resume to Lisa Armstrong at Lisa.Armstrong@summitsearchgroup.com
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Associate Insurance Advisor