Our client is a highly respected firm in heavy equipment manufacturing industry, they are expanding and looking to add to their team. The ideal person for his role is an energized doer and has proven hands on experience in the Accounting field. This role reports to the Senior Controller and works with closely with the Senior Accountant. This individual will be responsible for all general accounting duties.
- Review financial information, prepare adjusting entries, and assist with financial statement preparation.
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly and annual results for each business unit.
- Document all financial transactions by entering account information.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by gathering and analyzing account information.
- Keep financial security by following the Company’s internal controls.
- Leverage financial systems through strong technical reporting skills.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and standardizing accounting procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of accounting systems.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, both verbal and written.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
- Job costing and bill of materials
- Bank reconciliations
- Journal entries
- General ledger analysis
- Reconciles General Ledger account balances
- Ensures compliance with internal accounting policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and educational requirements:
- Relevant post-secondary education with degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA designation is an asset.
- A minimum of 1-3 years experience in Accounting.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of GAAP practices and applications.
- Exemplary reporting and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please forward resumes to Kyle Provost at Summit Search Group firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
RecruiterAccounting and Finance
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.