Business Development Manager
Our client is a large commercial bank and they are looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team. This position covers the territory of east of Toronto; east of the 404 with the eastern border of this territory stretching out to Belleville. Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Business Development Manager will be working in Consumer Financing Services sector and is responsible for creating strong business relationships with merchants in the car, leisure, boating, RV and pool industries, etc.
• You will be involved in business development and will work towards ensuring client loyalty by providing efficient advising service.
• You will develop and implement action plans and business development tactics based on your sector’s established business development strategies.
• In addition, you will increase your sector’s profitability by developing the current and potential clientele in your market.
• Identify emerging business opportunities in the market and make recommendations regarding the appropriate action to take.
• Ability to execute a business plan and be nimble in adapting your plan to the changing reality in your territory.
• The candidate needs to be able to identify all risks inherent to the Personal and Commercial Banking sector’s activities.
• Establish and maintain effective communication with merchants and various other parties involved in the sector’s activities.
• Help define the business orientations for products and services under your responsibility.
• Establish a preferred relationship with clients and ensure client satisfaction by providing personalized service.
• Ensure the visibility of the Bank’s products and services by taking part in various external activities and by acting as representative for various organizations or stakeholders.
• Suggest new products, services and technology, and recommend changes to existing ones so to meet our clients’ changing needs with a focus on client retention.
• Work in partnership with various Bank sectors to develop new products or to create a tailored product mix to meet client needs.
• Other duties as required.
Experience and Requirements:
• Post-secondary education required.
• Experience and demonstrated success in B2B business development.
• Experience in sales and customer service.
• Experience in commercial banking, an asset.
• Experience in account management.
• Good business and work ethics.
• Experience in the Indirect Financing industry or leasing, an asset.
• Excellent knowledge of and ability to use MS Office tools; particularly Excel and Word.
• The incumbent has to be flexible to travel 90% of his/her time in their assigned region.
• Valid Class G driver’s license required.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please forward resumes to Bruce MacEachern at Summit Search Group email@example.com.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Business Development Manager