Our client is one of Alberta’s premier facilities providing casino and racetrack entertainment.
We have an immediate need for an experienced Security Manager for their Calgary north location. The Security Manager will provide guidance and leadership under the direction of the General Manager to the Security Department consisting of Security Supervisors and Security Guards at the property ensuring the security of company assets, facilities, employees, volunteer workers and guests. They will ensure that all members of the security team consistently, diplomatically and professionally maintain good relations with patrons, as well as staff. They will see that all tasks and duties are successfully completed in accordance with Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission, Casino Terms and Conditions, in addition to corporate operating guidelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and supervises the day to day operations of organization’s security personnel, pursuant to the casino terms and conditions, operating guidelines and the security policy and procedures manual.
- Supervises and trains security personnel on the enforcement of applicable laws and regulations as set out in the criminal code of Canada, provincial statutes and corporate terms and conditions
- and operating guidelines.
- Ensure the safety of all patrons, employees and company property.
- Within the realm of the responsibility of the job, maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Performs duties in compliance with Safety procedures, which includes use of safety equipment.
- Ensures personnel follow safety procedures, identifying unsafe practices or conditions and working with others to find solutions for safer practices.
- Provides direction to security personnel on a day-to-day basis on the execution of their duties as detailed in the security policy and procedures manual.
- Interviews and hires prospective security personnel, and processes their applications, ensuring security personnel have obtained the necessary licensing and certifications.
- Prepares and maintains a shift schedule ensuring that the security requirements are met.
- In consultation with senior management and other site management, develops site-specific policies and procedures to supplement the security policy and procedure manual.
- Conducts internal security investigations as required.
- Liaises with senior management, the managing director, general manager, games managers, slot managers and pit managers, providing advice and assistance as required.
- Trains subordinates on an ongoing basis regarding their primary responsibilities pursuant to casino terms and conditions, operating guidelines, legislation and the security policy and procedure manual.
- Ensures that security assistant manager(s), security supervisors and security guards know their powers as authorized by law.
- Liaises with the local police services regarding calls for service and any serious occurrences at the facility.
- Ensures that security assistant managers, security supervisors and security guards are aware of emergency response procedures.
- Maintains documentation identifying individuals who have been banned from company properties.
- Maintains the harmony, cohesiveness and any progressive disciplinary action of all security personnel with regards to complaints and well-being, settling any disputes between security personnel, management and patrons.
- Attends and participates in casino departmental management meetings and provides clarifications and guidance regarding various security issues, goals and objectives. Makes presentations on issues as requested or required.
- Demonstrated experience providing and enforcing security services.
- Demonstrated effective and diplomatic customer service and communication skills, which includes contact with employees and customers.
- Experience in handling difficult customer relations. Demonstrates experience
- in crowd control.
- Graduation from High School or equivalent. Ten (10) or more years of recent and related experience in security enforcement is preferred. Three (3) or more years of experience in a management position is desirable.
- Law enforcement courses/experience or security background are an asset.
- Must have a valid and current Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission, Gaming License or be eligible to obtain.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current certifications in; Deal Us In phase #1, Deal Us In phase #2, ProTect, ProServe, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Standard First Aid Level C with AED and have a working knowledge of WHMIS 2015 and FINTRAC.
- Organizational and time management skills
- Analytical ability and critical thinking
- Ability to organize and communicate thoughts
- Ability to carry out responsibilities with limited supervision.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For: