Technical Sales Representative-Valves
Experienced valve sales professional in Calgary
Our client is an industry leader selling industrial valves and process equipment and engineered solutions to a wide range of industries including oil and gas, petrochemical, industrial processing, municipal and mining among others.
We are currently searching for an Alberta sales professional to promote and coordinate the sale of mechanical and electromechanical products, supplies and/or services to business and industrial establishments in a professional, courteous and knowledgeable manner.
- Stays up-to-date on company products and applications, competitors’ products, pricing, warranties, services, customers’ processes and problems etc.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with accounts within assigned territory.
- Prepares call plans; displays or demonstrates products using samples, catalogues and visual aids to emphasize their features; logs call reports upon completion of calls.
- Compiles information on existing problems; recommends acceptable solutions.
- Solicits enquiries and orders; follows up on open opportunities; works closely with Inside Sales staff as a member of the sales team.
- Works, with a sense of urgency, with Inside Sales and Operations to answer questions and/or solve problems during quoting, contract review, and follow up.
- Follows up with customers for delivery and after sales service.
- Services and/or coordinates the servicing of valves as and when required.
- Develops and meets challenging forecasts and goals; reviews forecasts and goals on a monthly basis.
- Prepares call reports and expense reports; updates customer files.
- Maintains communications with Calgary office, Head Office, other Outside Sales representatives, and Key Suppliers through telephone or email.
- Develops new customers using sales leads, based on information from internal (ERP system, sales, marketing, and other) and external (suppliers, news media, business directories, consulting engineering firms, suppliers, end-users) sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit inquiries and orders.
- Overnight travel up to 30%.
- Prepares and conducts Product Training Seminars for customers.
- Establishes and develops good contacts and relationships with pertinent
- customer personnel; satisfied customers then become references to promote products.
- Entertains clients in a variety of environments.
- Maintains trade association memberships to support continuous learning and professional development of skills to excel in the role.
- Participates in trade shows and industry events to promote company and products to customers and prospects.
- Ensures a safe and healthy work environment by complying with company health and safety policies, standard practices and programs in keeping with occupational health and safety legislation and regulations
- Four to six years of industrial valve sales and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience calling on EPC’s and end-users in a variety of industries including energy preferred.
- Understanding of ISO 9001 certification and conformance of its Quality System requirements would be considered an asset.
- Positive attitude and take charge initiative; good listening skills with pleasant personality and effective communication skills; ability to present ideas and concepts to customers.
- Read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical information, procedures, or governmental regulations; scientific approach to problem solving at the root cause.
- Write reports and business correspondence; effectively present information and respond to management, customers and vendor requests. Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics and custom software, as well as efficient operation of smart cell phone.
- Understand and calculate discounts, interest, knowledge of basic algebra and geometry.
- Well organized; ability to multi-task to complete projects and requirements in a timely manner.
- Desire to learn technical aspect of products
- Ability to travel – moderate overnight travel (up to 30%) must have the use of a personal vehicle with valid driver’s license. The drivers abstract may be required.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Technical Sales Representative-Valves