Business Development Manager – IT Consulting
Summit is proud to partner with a Global IT leader in their search for a dynamic Business Development Lead who will strategize and execute BD activities in multiple markets.
Very strong base salary, incentives, and benefits!
The Business Development Lead position is a key senior sales role within the company sales team for Canada, responsible for executing regional sales and business development strategies. The candidate would be primarily playing a hunter role, responsible for securing new clients into the firm, expanding business development activities selling the company’s entire portfolio of IT services, Consulting, Products, Business Process and Platform Services for leading companies in Canada and preferably ON (GTA).
Selected candidate will work with company management to identify 10-12 prospects to become exclusive FOCUS accounts for intensive account program planning and sales campaigns. Additional client targets will be added to the list for this role depending on the capabilities of the incumbent and the needs of the company.
The position’s primary responsibility for the selected candidate is to achieve revenue targets. The candidate will develop revenue-producing relationships with decision-making CxO level executives at leading firms, as well as drive the sales cycle of all assigned sales opportunities from initial prospect communication through contract execution working along with Pre-Sales & Solution Development team(s) onsite and offshore. Incumbent will oversee the entire sales effort from initial contact to bidding to negotiation of contracts to launch of actual services.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets established by the Head- Sales and execute business development, offering positioning and sales strategies as a member of the sales team for Canada.
- Achieve lead generation, prospecting and other sales management goals designed to build an optimal sales channel.
- Personally develop strong, long-term relationships and referrals with senior management at leading companies in Ontario (GTA).
- Manage the end-to-end sales process for all QUALIFIED opportunities including initial client communication, on-site presentations, RFI response, multi-day client workshops, RFP submission, negotiation and deal signing. The candidate is the focal point for all communication and sales activities with prospects and customers.
- Work in close collaboration with company presales team & delivery teams to ensure that proposed offerings and services fully meet customers’ business and technology needs.
- Provide leadership to customers during initial phases of an engagement. Follow up and ensure total client satisfaction through the life cycle of the relationship.
- Identify and develop potential alliance partnerships and seek out new market & product growth areas.
- Adhere to all Sales, Human Resource, and corporate ethical policies, standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrate strong personal communication and presentation skills to establish interest, credibility and trust.
Skill and Experience Requirements
- Strong hunter profile with a proven track record of success in selling professional services to leading companies in Canada and preferably Ontario (GTA). Track record can also include technology services and/or products, including consistent over-achievement of client acquisition and sales revenue targets.
- Strong local contact base and access to alumni, local associations, industry associations within the GTA markets. The candidate should have understanding of Hitech and Professional services
- The candidate should demonstrate a good understanding of how target client firms use information technology to achieve business goals and meet regulatory and risk management requirements.
- Experience with vendor selection processes including RFI and RFP issuance and response management;
- Experience of working on opportunities run by third party analyst organizations such as TPA, Everest, etc
- Understanding of customer decision making criteria
- Ability to maintain strong sales management focus during sales cycles that are typically six months to one year in duration..
- Demonstrated ability (documented deals) to manage complex negotiations with senior-level business and technology executives
- Prior experience in relationship building with at trade shows, conferences, industry events and professional association meetings.
- Strong analytical and negotiations skills.
- To succeed in this position, you must be self-motivated, ambitious, focused, detail-oriented, organized, capable of managing complex situations, and command the ability to work with offshore pre-sales and solution development counterparts to develop opportunities.
- Thorough command of English, both written and spoken. French would be an additional advantageEducation RequirementsBachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree preferred.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume to Shannon A. Terpstra : firstname.lastname@example.org
IBM, Deloitte, Longview, E&Y, CGI, Accenture, HP, Bain, BCG, McKinsey, Monitor Deloitte, OW, ATK, Kaiser Associates
RecruiterSales Information Technology
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Business Development Manager – IT Consulting
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.