Buyer – Chemical Industry
Our client, a leading manufacturer of specialty consumer products and chemicals, is looking for a Buyer to join their Vaughan office.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Buyer is responsible for the purchase of various packaged and bulk components and/or chemicals. Buyers are responsible to coordinate purchases through direct manufacturers and distributors. This position is also accountable to maintain appropriate inventory and service levels, in line with company objectives, through use of an MRP based system.
What you should expect:
- Responsible to respond to order release actions and exception messages from MRP while communicating disruptions internally
- Participate in the S&OP process while leveraging collaborative information with suppliers for improved service and lowering total system cost
- Review MRP and understand component forecasting and usage. Ensure that suppliers understand their requirement for long-term component availability and identify any product availability issues
- Responsible to resolve billing issues related to pricing and quantity discrepancies; communicating the resolution to the Accounting Department and suppliers
- Expedite materials as needed to ensure service levels are provided to internal and external customers
- Maintain intra-departmental communication to ensure awareness of component additions or changes in specifications; including planning and implementing component transactions
- Responsible for data maintenance specific to purchase order delivery dates and quantities
- Maintain MRP master data specific to pricing, lead-times, lot size, etc. Develop and maintain purchasing strategies to ensure we meet inventory objectives and obsolescence goals.
- Responsible for management of inventory levels, availability of selected item, either manufactured or purchased, to meet production schedules
- Understanding of changing Commodity markets which effect pricing and availability for items required for production
- Ensure sufficient stocked quantities are maintained as authorized to achieve production and customer support demands; utilizing all available tools including, safety stock, reorder points, J.I.T. deliveries and forecast demand
- Oversee and coordinate inventory accuracy through cycle counting, appropriate inventory transactions and physical inventory counts
- Other duties as assigned
What you should bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field
- Minimum of one to three (1-3) years’ experience in related material procurement position
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite and SAP, MRP and MPS systems
- Exposure to Six Sigma or LEAN Manufacturing principles is an asset
- APICS certification preferred
- Problem Solving
- Written Communication
- Attention to Detail
To apply, please send a resume to Shannon Terpstra at [email protected].
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Buyer – Chemical Industry