Our client is a Canadian leader in the medical equipment and consumable space. Their business continues to grow and expand across the country and they have been experiencing continuous year over year double digit growth.
They are expanding and are looking to bring on a Buyer to join their team in Gatineau, Quebec. This is a vital role in the supply chain of a fast-paced organization. With the guidance of the Purchasing Manager, you will develop your skill set to take on an increasing series of responsibilities.
- Work with Planning to forecast demand and evaluate inventory levels and take orders from within the organization to ensure the accurate and timely flow of product.
- Build relationships with suppliers and manage their performance. Conduct routine supplier business reviews, evaluating supplier performance and compliance.
- Negotiate directly with vendors to get the best possible pricing and payment options. Bid, award, and administer project supply, services, and purchase orders to suppliers.
- Cost Management – identify areas of potential cost reduction and analyze the impact of pricing changes for goods and services.
- Work with the supply chain team to ensure the consistent flow of products and ensure the highest service levels are met.
- Perform inventory counts, serial number audits, and resolve discrepancies.
- Process claims with vendors.
Education and Experience:
- University or College degree.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- A strong negotiator with an eye for detail and cost savings opportunities.
- Strong forecasting, analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Well organized with good time management skills.
- A background in Excel, MRP/ERP systems, and customer relations is useful.
- Some supply chain related experience is preferred.
This position offers a great base salary plus company benefits and a fantastic working environment! While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please forward resumes to Bruce MacEachern at Summit Search Group email@example.com.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.