Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Our client is a well established organization with offices throughout North America. They have an immediate need for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join their team.
As a senior member of the management team, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will report directly to the CEO. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for overseeing the establishment of all necessary financial systems, policies, controls, reporting, personnel, and accounts for the company.
What you’ll do:
- Establish, manage and oversee all financial systems, controls, and models to enable rapid expansion.
- Provide initial and ongoing financial analysis, cash flow planning, and tax guidance to the executive team.
- Establish and maintain banking, financing, and processing relationships.
- Oversee and manage all risk management, internal controls, and insurance.
- Participate meaningfully in the evaluation and selection of major vendors and suppliers for the business.
- Hire to support the financial needs of the executive team and build out a financial team to support retail brands. The CFO will manage a team of direct and indirect reports throughout the organization.
- Execute and/or assist in any business, brand, or real estate acquisitions.
- Participate in all management and strategic planning activities.
What You Bring:
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Finance, Commerce and/or related disciplines.
- Canadian CPA Designation.
- A speciality in not specializing: Reporting, Tax, Management, Audit, Risk, Assurance, Governance, M&A, Public and Industry accounting, and experience with both IFRS and ASPE.
- 10+ years’ experience in similar role.
- An impeccable sense of judgement, with a strong moral compass and uncompromising ethical framework.
- Preference given to applicants with an MBA or significant postgraduate achievement.
Who you are:
- Ambitious and adventurous.
- Independent and confident. Able to troubleshoot, self-support, and self-rescue.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attitude aligning with company values and vision.
- Discrete with common sense; You have an ability to maintain strict confidentiality and privacy on business matters, and the judgement to disclose information strategically.
- Flexible and responsive- willing to work flexible, often significant, hours and travel on occasion.
- Accountable and responsible for actions and achievements.
What you’ll get:
- Generous compensation, taking into account experience and education.
- Annual performance bonus
- Generous vacation program
- Industry-leading medical and dental benefits program
- Management expense program
RecruiterAccounting and Finance Management Administrative
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.