Chief Operations Officer
Summit Search Group has been exclusively retained to source and select a dynamic, seasoned COO for our client, an industry leader which produces and construction products for leading oilfield companies, industrial projects, and road construction throughout Alberta. They hold one of the largest supplies of aggregates in Alberta spread over 25 locations. This individual will spearhead the company’s operations and business development initiatives. This position will be located in the company’s soon-to-be established Edmonton office.
COO duties include but are not limited to:
- Planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all operational activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for communication with customers and timely and thorough job completion
- Ensuring that operations are adhering to provincial and federal regulatory requirements as well as company policy and procedure
- Assisting in the preparation of annual operating budgets and business plans; tracking variances and operational performance; establishing performance expectations and accountability
- Constructing summaries and presentations as requested by management to address current situations and proposed actions, and to support long-term strategic planning
- Actively engaging in management discussions and meetings to support and influence the decision-making process
- Improving upon existing estimating procedures in order to provide the sales team with consistent, winning bids for work that meets margin objectives
- Overseeing Operations Managers, and Office/Administrative Staff to ensure that optimal scheduling, hiring/firing, reviews, discipline, and incentives for all employees are achieved
- Analyzing historical trends as requested to provide guidance to the company’s Board of Directors
- Reviewing ongoing analysis of performance metrics (i.e., operating margins, sales price per unit, quality of materials, etc.) to identify trends; recommend strategies, assist in deploying initiatives and analyze and take ownership for the results of those initiatives
- Reviewing monthly operations reports and cash flow forecasts and investigating variances
- Collaborating with corporate accounting department to ensure monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements are met for lenders and investors
- Intermittent travel required, primarily to the company’s other office in Alberta and to potential and existing job sites
- The COO will report directly to the President and routinely interact with the rest of the leadership team
Are you a self-driven, detail-attentive COO or President/VP of Operations?
- A Bachelor’s degree in management, construction management, or a related field plus at least eight (8) years of operations management experience required
- Construction/construction materials, paving or mining industry project management exposure required
- Experience as a direct supervisor of a project team required
- Experience in managing various disciplines while ensuring adherence to federal, provincial and corporate standards is required
- Strong leadership and organizational skills combined with a high degree of operations and business acumen to drive favorable results in support of corporate goals and objectives
RecruiterOperations Project Management Management
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Chief Operations Officer
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.