Construction Operations Manager
Reporting directly to the ownership, the Operations Manager’s key area of accountability is to plan construction projects and oversee their execution and report on their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Key responsibilities include budgeting, planning, procurement, implementation and scheduling of a variety of construction projects. Deliver on service and project management excellence with confidence, build trust with clients/trades. Remain accountable through the duration of project and hold your team accountable. Have passion for building and design.
Experience in multi family building experience preferred.
Our ideal candidate has a positive and fair management style, not too rigid, but rather a person who has ideas to contribute and experience in creating efficiencies and workflow. We are looking for those that have hands on experience who would rather lead a team to achieve excellence in project management, on time delivery and excellence in customer service to maintain a strong company brand.
- Exceptional client relationship management expertise
- Proven Operations experience in residential/commercial constructions
- Project Management expertise
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means, and methods
- An absolute MUST: Expert knowledge of building products, construction details, and relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards
- Familiarity with construction management software packages, including Excel and (other), accounting software
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Knowledgeable in Health and Safety regulations
- Valid Driver’s license
- A criminal record security background check will be conducted
A Snapshot of the day to day responsibilities:
- Create costing for projects ensuring they meet requirements and are effective and efficient
- Complete take offs on new project opportunities
- Prepare quote, proposals and job costing for new potential opportunities
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite construction to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct team members, trades and subcontractors
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Negotiate terms of agreement, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Manage the operational and fiscal activities of the business including: staffing levels, budgets, and financial goals, profit and loss
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas in need of cost reduction and/or program improvement.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures conferring with management, and key staff members as required.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Act as a resource and mentor for project managers, supervisors and employees.
- Enhance the organization’s reputation by service excellence; manage the client’s expectations through transparency and follow up and exploring opportunities to add value
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner.
RecruiterOperations Project Management Technician and Technologist Management
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Construction Operations Manager
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.