Construction Site Coordinator
Our client provides irrigation infrastructure and municipal water to communities and farmland in southern Alberta. As a result of growth, based on expansion and conservation, they have an immediate need for a Construction Site Coordinator.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate, direct and supervise operations of field staff on project sites and maintenance of corporate irrigation assets.
- Ensure proper construction procedures are followed by field staff.
- Regular communications with Executive Manager of Operations regarding personnel, safety, and operational incidents/situations.
- Regular communications in coordination with internal managers and Capital Planning and Design personnel regarding budgeting, operational costing, project development and operational system maintenance.
- Ensure all Alberta One Call locates are valid for worksites.
- Coordinate and maintain health and safety practices on job sites with reference to corporate safety manual.
- Perform and document all Hazard Assessments.
- Perform and document daily Tailgate Meetings with all staff on site.
- Review and sign off all timesheets for field staff ensuring correct Project code and task code numbers are clearly indicated.
- Training all field staff on the importance of accurate recording of time on equipment.
- Involved in the recruitment process.
- Reviewing and evaluating the performance of the field staff.
- Documenting all discipline/accolades for personal files.
- Track and report projects for all aspects of construction projects relative to cost estimates.
- Occasional operation of equipment as necessary.
- Liaise with landowners on an as-needed basis.
- Ability to complete Earthworks Construction
- Knowledge and execution of Irrigation Canal Construction and Pipeline Construction.
- Knowledge and experience in the operations of Dozers, Excavators, Rock Trucks, Front-End Loaders, Packers and Small Equipment in the optimization of construction operations and schedule for a district.
- Advance crew management skills in areas of relationship building, communications, work task execution and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Ability to promote innovation within highly advanced and experienced construction teams.
- Strong background in financial budgeting as it relates to projects.
- Experience in strategic planning
- Ability to work within a senior manager’s team of vast experience and knowledge.
- Must have the ability to multitask and handle a high volume of work with accuracy, while prioritizing workload within the working unit.
- General knowledge of GPS stations and how they utilize any equipment operations.
- Must have a high functioning capability to work under minimum supervision.
- Working knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office (i.e., Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for all levels of the workforce from a management level, to the front-line worker.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Construction Site Coordinator