About Our Client:
Our client is a leading manufacturing company.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Controller will support the overall financial operations of the company including providing accurate and timely financial information while maintaining data integrity to assist management with monitoring the business and effective decision-making. The Controller directs and manages the company’s accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures. In addition, the Controller assists with maintaining the company’s accounting systems and implements changes as required.
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations, financial statements and supporting analysis.
- Developing Finance staff.
- Preparing/managing inter company reconciliations and adjustments.
- Designing and administering financial statements both setup and structure.
- Designing and administering reporting and analysis spreadsheets.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly financial packages for senior management.
- Consolidating financial statements including inter company elimination journal entries.
- Overseeing inventory control function at each site.
- Create and manage financial dashboard.
- Detailed analysis of product line gross profit.
- Managing daily cash flow and review/prepare banking compliance reports for Controller approval.
- Drafting monthly, quarterly and YTD financial statements.
- Preparing bank financing requests and renewals.
- Preparing insurance requirements and renewals.
- Managing continuous improvement in Finance Department processes including ensuring process documents exist and are up-to-date for month end and each functional area.
- Administering the corporate credit card programs.
- Managing and completing the annual budget and monthly/quarterly forecasting.
- Managing inventory control function and inventory counts.
- Monitoring and suggesting improvements to internal controls and financial and operational processes.
- Coordinating the year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements.
- Assisting with reconciling operational metrics to financial statements and to the general ledger.
- Other related duties and required or assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with standard costing environment a definite asset.
- A systems savvy mindset with experience in multiple accounting systems.
- Experience with financial statement consolidation is an asset.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, provincial and municipal tax legislation.
- The ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Education and Experience:
- A University degree in Business/Accounting combined with a CA, CGA, CMA designation with five years post designation experience or a minimum of 10 years of accounting experience with a minimum five years’ of month end experience.
- 3-5 years Manufacturing Accounting experience.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and specifically Excel.
- Knowledge of ERP systems—experience with Syteline 8 a definite asset.
To apply, please send a resume to Jessica Alcock at Jessica.Alcock@summitsearchgroup.com
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
RecruiterAccounting and Finance
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.