Manager of Finance – HRM
Summit Search Group is seeking a Manager of Finance for an expansion role with our client based in HRM.
The Manager of Finance will provide support to the Director of Finance by managing full cycle accounting tasks helping to maintain order and accuracy of the company’s finances. Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the day-to-day work and the ideal candidate will be well versed in accounting principles and exhibit attention to detail. The Manager of Finance leads a team of four people focused on general accounting tasks including AP and AR.
- Preparation of consolidated monthly financial statements
- Manage the full cycle accounting process
- Supervise the activities of the Accountant, Junior Accountant as well as the AP and AR Specialists
- Support Operations team with financial support and guidance
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- You are a very organized person. You can efficiently manage full cycle accounting for a number of separate companies within the parent organization. This is a paperless department so you are extremely comfortable with technology
- You can create a schedule and stick to it. This is a dynamic environment so you know how to manage your time, meet deadlines and maintain accuracy
- You see yourself as being highly efficient and able to work quickly in a process driven function
- As part of a team, you communicate well and you can build relationships with others to facilitate the sharing of information and supporting others with their finance responsibilities
- You are adaptable. Disruptions to routine don’t throw you off
- You are curious and inquisitive with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Designated Chartered Professional Accountant
- Minimum two years experience in accounting
- Experience in a more general, flexible and entrepreneurial situation is an asset
- Experience with Great Plains Accounting Systems is an asset
- Experience with full cycle accounting
- Ability to practice discretion and always maintain confidentiality
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with change
Please contact Cynthia McCutcheon for additional details. firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly 902 405 3607. Summit Search Group thanks everyone who applied but only those whom meet the criteria will receive follow up communications.
RecruiterAccounting and Finance
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Manager of Finance – HRM