Our client is a large fuel provider located just outside Ottawa. The role of the Credit Specialist, Commercial Accounts oversees the collection process (grant credit, review and collection) for Commercial Accounts for the Company. The role supports the AR Manager in driving effective credit granting and collection processes within the team. The Credit Specialist is required to:
- Determine what new accounts will be established for customers by reviewing and researching credit payment history and obtaining further credit & financial information where necessary.
- Review and adjust credit terms on a regular basis or when required for existing accounts and suspend or revoke credit terms upon receipt of external information pertinent to the financial strength of an account.
- Establish and enforce the Company’s credit policies. In this role, the Credit Specialist will conduct credit investigations and collect delinquent accounts, and will manage credit related issues, in discussion with Senior Leaders.
- Work with others to ensure that payments are properly applied to customer accounts in a timely fashion.
- Evaluate, provide analysis, findings and recommendations to determine credit terms, both in terms of dollar limits & time limits, and to communicate this information to customers and other team members within the Company, as required.
- Evaluate customer financials and set and change credit terms, as well as credit holds when warranted.
- Maintain an appropriate credit risk level in consultation with Senior Leaders.
- Manage the credit-granting process, including the preparation and assessment of customer credit applications, consultation with external agencies, provision of recommendations and approvals within established credit limits and, in a timely fashion.
Managing Customer Accounts
- Initiate credits and adjustments to customer accounts within Company policy limits.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and other information in customer credit files.
- Manage the pre-authorized debits of customer accounts.
- Identify problem accounts and provide regular reviews and updates.
- Manage the aged debtor listing for Commercial Accounts with account balances over 90 days past due.
- Negotiate payment programs with delinquent customers.
- Review customer accounts on a regular basis to maintain an appropriate level of credit risk.
- Visit customers as needed to establish strong business relationships and limit credit risk.
- Identify accounts requiring collection agency or legal action and coordinate collections with third party contractors and legal professionals as necessary.
Policies and Processes
- Implement sound and impactful credit policies and provide advice, guidance to business partners.
Education and Requirements:
- Post secondary education with Diploma/Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- 3 + years accounts receivable experience.
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset.
- Strong computer skills, and ability to leverage technology to efficiently run the department.
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven judgment and decision-making ability demonstrating the ability to generate strong collections while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Experience in the Energy Industry at the distribution, retail & wholesale levels, will be considered and asset.
- Proficient with MS Office.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please forward resumes to Megan Newell at Summit Search Group email@example.com.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
RecruiterAccounting and Finance
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.