Customs Brokerage Specialist
Reporting to the Manager, Service Delivery, the successful candidate in this position will be accountable for a range of client, customs process management and compliance activities including release support for release customs analysts, tariff database management, classifications, client requests, and auditing service delivery activities to ensure client satisfaction.
Our client provides worldwide reliability with our experience in scheduling and clearance procedures, combined with our network of agents, partners and selection of premium airfreight carriers. This affords maximum presences with optimum connections allowing the client to save time and money.
Our clients employees enjoy a competitive total rewards program.
- Maintain excellent working relationship with clients and carriers; monitor the effectiveness of these relationships and recommend programs or processes to improve them.
- Research and respond to highly complex requests for information in a professional manner.
- Prioritize and complete work according to client’s needs, customs requirements and standards.
- Monitor work queues to ensure service levels are achieved and work is completed.
- Support team members through coaching, mentoring and regulatory, client or requirement training to accurately complete and manage their day to day responsibilities.
- Provide support, guidance and mentoring to Release Operations members to ensure accurate release and rating activities are completed to achieve service levels.
- Advise and train release customs analysts on how to address and complete more complex release issues.
- Identify opportunities to improve service delivery, operational productivity and relationships within Canadian Brokerage operations.
- Provide technical expertise in Customs regulations.
- Analyze client data and trends to maximize opportunities for business improvement.
- Contact clients and carriers to obtain missing documentation, information or instructions.
- Create, maintain and adhere to client Standard Operating Procedures SOPs) and Exceptions to Standard Procedures (ESPs).
- Participate fully with other team members in day-to-day operations.
- Identify and complete complex release/entry types.
- Review rejects, and hold work queues, escalate items for additional resolutions or return entries to release team members and recommend corrective actions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Secondary School Diploma plus successful completion of CCS or Professional Preparation Program or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years release and rating experience
- In-depth knowledge of customs regulations and related processes
- Solid knowledge of various modes of transportation and traffic functions
- Customer-focused problem solver with ability to recognize and resolve issues and make effective recommendations
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Accuracy and thoroughness, with great attention to detail
- Strong time management skills, with ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks, prioritizing, scheduling, and planning time to maximize efficiency
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and meet tight deadlines in a 24/7 work environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify operational and process improvement initiatives and make decisions and recommendations within job scope
- Technically savvy – Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
RecruiterOperations Supply Chain Accounting and Finance
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Customs Brokerage Specialist
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.