Director, Asset Management
About Our Client:
Our client is a leader in the real estate investment management space.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Asset Management, this dynamic individual will oversee a portfolio of office, retail and/or industrial assets across the Prairie Region. This role will work alongside the current Asset Management team in Calgary to ensure that there is an effective allocation of resources required to optimize the management of the portfolio and advance the strategic objectives as articulated in each property business plan.
This leadership role within the Prairie Region will actively participate in establishing and executing on the strategic objectives and management decisions. The ideal candidate is highly organized with a keen eye for detail, a high degree of common sense and judgment. The successful person will be a self-starter, a strategic thinker and have a great service-oriented attitude that will continue to encourage constant improvement of services and performance.
- Act as liaison with internal teams (i.e. Asset Management, Leasing, Property Management & Development) to establish and execute on the property management and leasing strategies; prepare and communicate quarterly and annual reports, budgets and Business Plans to senior management, Portfolio Management and / or external clients
- Participate in the acquisition, disposition, development and renovations of new and existing properties
- Oversee the monthly or quarterly internal and external valuation and reporting requirements utilizing Argus Enterprise software
Overall Property Management:
- Work in conjunction with the property level teams and other internal divisions and stakeholders to establish the overall direction of property management services for the portfolio
- Focusing on long range planning, service benchmarking, profitability as well as a focus on energy management and sustainability
- Ensure leading-edge policies, procedures and best practices are in place for all aspects of the portfolio; including tenant relations, building operations, construction services, security/life safety, environmental compliance, purchase due diligence, etc.
Budget and Fiduciary Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with your teams, develop operating and expense budgets for both specific assets as well as the overall region, including a long-term capital project plan
- Develop, coach and motivate a high-performance team
- Build strong relationships and act as a mentor
- Create opportunities for growth within your team
- Develop long term strategy on staff development and recognition
- Represent the organization as an active participant within the commercial real estate sector, engaging with leasing brokers, consultants, tenants and others, supporting industry associations such as NAIOP and BOMA.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Highly developed financial skills; bring a solid understanding of analysis, capital programs, lease transactions and be comfortable with financial reporting (highly experienced with Excel)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and a master negotiator with strong persuasion skills
- A nimble professional who can lead when needed but also is comfortable being hands on when required
- Ability to multi-task while working under pressure and tight deadline parameters
- Understanding of group dynamics and have a proven track record of proactively completing tasks in both team settings and working independently
- Logical and reasonable approach to analyzing complex financial, legal and contractual problems and providing solutions or recommendations
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline
- 10+ years of progressive real estate experience (ideally within asset management)
- Prior experience in a leadership or director level role
- Prior experience working closely with C level executives internally and externally
To apply, please send a resume to Allison Dwyer at [email protected].
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Director, Asset Management