About Our Client:
Our client is a leader in transportation.
Our client is currently seeking a Director, Maintenance to join their fast-paced, customer orientated, exciting work environment.
- Develop new processes and procedures in accordance with the operations and maintenance contract to create an effective maintenance program designed for continuous improvement
- Act as the key point of contact for all issues relating to the maintenance operations for the transit system, responsible for management and oversight of maintenance staff and procedures
- Lead and develop the maintenance team, including safety, quality, proficiency, efficiency, motivation and budget
- Lead development of standard maintenance procedures for the light rail transit system
- Establish and develop maintenance plans and schedule while maintaining availability and reliability of fleet equipment in accordance with the customer requirements
- Provide leadership through effective goal setting, delegation and communication to ensure that personnel are well informed of all policies and procedures
- Coordinate with the General Manager, Operations Manager, Human Resource Manager and HSQE Manager to facilitate reliable operations of the transit system at the highest level
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of risk assessment methods (FMEA, failure trees) and accident investigation methods
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of relevant regulatory requirements
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
- Highly effective interpersonal communication skills, including ability to explain complex issues to colleagues
- Proven leadership skills, including ability to influence senior management, to develop safety and quality mindset in teammates, and to engage workforce in appropriate compliance behaviors
- Strong working knowledge of relevant health, safety, environmental and maintenance practices and procedures
- Strong problem solving and analysis ability
- Good project management skills
- Ability to engage others, build relationships with others, inspirational and dedicated
- Values based leader
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Conduct oneself ethically and be a role model for others to follow
- Strong time management and organization skills
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of experience within a public transportation maintenance program
- Some post-secondary education in relevant job requirements (i.e. leadership, project management, maintenance, etc.)
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven track record developing maintenance plans and programs
- Exposure to maintenance activities for both rolling stock and infrastructure is considered a strong asset
- Experience commissioning new products, buildings, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in sustaining a safety management system in a maintenance setting
- Solid maintenance experience in light rail operations
To apply, please send a resume to Lisa Armstrong at Lisa.Armstrong@summitsearchgroup.com
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For: