Director Master Data & Supply Chain
About Our Client:
Our client is a leading grocer.
Reporting to the Senior Director Supply Chain, this individual will provide strategic vision and management to establish or drive optimization of roadmaps in the areas of data governance, data quality management (DQM), Information transmission and management, MDM/Reference data management and data operations.
With, a fundamental lens into end to end product life cycle and implementation of leading practices that both support highest service levels, agility at the most cost-effective manner. Align the MDM vision and strategy with the organization’s strategic vision by clarifying what, why and how trusted master data contributes to business or mission value.
This position achieves the Genuine Merchant Strategy through the efficient and effective management of the overall performance and functioning of the Supply Chain across all Vendors, Stores and Distribution facilities.
As a member of the senior leadership team, this role has responsibility for developing and implementing organization-wide strategies in Master Data, supply chain, Inventory to help the company achieve customer satisfaction, sales targets, inventory targets and efficiencies to support the company’s multi-year growth plans in both brick & mortar stores as well as the E-Commerce business.
The role interacts routinely with Directors of Category management, Merchandising & Pricing, Store Operations and Distribution centres implementing Supply Chain and Inventory strategies that support Corporate strategies with the focus on quality and customer centricity.
- This role will establish and chair a master data governance body within the organization and ensure right stakeholders participate in the creation, maintenance and management of policies as it relates to data quality.
- In addition, this role will establish a data sharing and transmission strategies as it relates to master data, demand planning, transactional, EDI and vendor portal initiatives.
- Train business owners on the global data definitions for the data fields they own.
- Train business owners on the create, change, extension and extinction procedures and ensure these procedures are used correctly.
- Develop and implement the use of global standard automated workflows to regulate the change, creation, extension and extinction process so that only approved and accurate data is uploaded, approved and maintained by the appropriate business owners.
- This role provides leadership, development of strategies that support company’s initiatives leveraging the organization’s key points of differentiation.
- The position will work closely with vendor partners and leadership to establishing strategies that encompass a customer centric focus, high quality and high response supply chain model.
- It also is directly responsible for channel strategies and execution of optimization of the flow of goods from a total cost and service perspective.
- The role will also build out business continuity strategies that will ensure minimal to no disruption of goods to our stores and e-commerce facilities.
- This role ensures alignment and communication with all stakeholders and ensures that strategies are executed as per design.
- The role also works very closely with vendor partners on establishing processes that will benefit both parties and holding accountable the Vendor community that provide product and data.
- Manages one direct report: Manager, Centre of Excellence, Supervisor, Master Data
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge of Supply Chain principals and data governance
- Experience managing highly complex projects with long-term planning and focus in mind
- In-Depth knowledge with significant breadth of experience across the Retail Industry as well as understanding of competitive influences and factors
- Strong Financial acumen with planning, budgeting and performance management experience
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines of a highly complex nature
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience presenting to Executive level/C-Suite management team
- Strong team building skills are necessary. Must be able to prioritize, delegate, & collaborate effectively throughout the day.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong coaching and relationship management skills with experience influencing and leading change management within a department
- Demonstrated high level of judgment and decision making. Sound economic thinking skills with the ability to make informed and logical decisions.
- Advanced level knowledge of office tools such as excel, word and PowerPoint
- Change Leadership – communicate the organization’s needs for change to peers using change management skills.
- Flexibility – able to change reporting structures and processes when needed to implement organization’s change strategies.
- Strategic and critical thinking – able to connect business strategy to marketing communication initiatives.
- Empowering Managerial behaviours – share information, solicit co-worker’s ideas, foster employee development, delegate meaningful responsibility, provide coaching feedback, express positive expectations, reward performance improvement.
- Ability to think holistically and connect the supply chain from customer to source and everything in between.
- Team Building – use group process skills to get diverse groups of people to work together effectively to achieve a common objective.
- Ability To challenge the status quo and provide options to other stakeholders.
- Judgement and Decision Making – assesses issues and makes recommendations. Communicates any serious issues to the Director and works collectively on a course of action.
- Relationship Building – builds relationship with peers and functional areas and work cooperatively. Able to build trust, have high credibility.
- Achievement Motivation – seek continuous improvement in quality and productivity.
- Customer Service Orientation – take care genuinely to understand and identify customer’s needs and take initiative to overcome obstacles in the company to solve customer problems.
Education and Experience:
- University Degree in Business/Commerce or finance required
- SCMP, CSCP or MBA is highly desirable
- 10+ years team leadership experience effectively working with and implementing master data systems, processes and procedures across functions
- 5+ years hands on experience in advanced supply chain & logistics management
To apply, please send a resume to Amanda Graham at Amanda.Graham@summitsearchgroup.com
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Director Master Data & Supply Chain
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.