Director of Engineering
Our global innovation client is searching for a senior leader to mentor, coach and develop a team of highly trained Engineers. This is an exciting role is loaded with responsibilities; including people & project management; all within a fast paced, highly technical environment.
Located in HRM, you will oversee and manage a team of 30 Engineers who report into 5-6 Team Leads. As the Director of Engineering, your work environment will be constantly changing and evolving as new innovations are created and brought to market through your diverse team.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering and Operations, the Director of Engineering is responsible for the management of the entire product development department. Potential candidates should feel comfortable bringing embedded products to market while managing teams and external contractors.
- Manage the ongoing projects/activities within the organization
- Strategize and guide the technical direction and designs of new and current products
- Prioritize, schedule and communicate all activities
- Create requirements and design specifications for new projects
- Establish standards of performance
- Ensures that the department accomplishes projects within deadlines and budget constraints
- Manage the employee performance program within the department
- Introduce industry best practices and provide technical guidance for engineering initiatives
- Collaborate with other corporate team leaders
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 10+ years’ experience in engineering/project management
- Demonstrated ability to bring products to market.
- Management of various technical teams
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects of varying complexity
- Experience working with external suppliers and consultants
- Knowledge of embedded products (PCBA & Firmware)
- Knowledge of software and hardware release processes
- Knowledge of current software frameworks for web and desktop applications
- Experience designing satellite and cellular products is considered an asset
More about this Opportunity
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing
- RRSP matching
- 100% Employer paid group benefits
- Gym Membership
- Exciting Corporate Culture
Fore additional information, please contact Cynthia McCutcheon: [email protected]
Summit Search Group would like to thank everyone who applies but only those who match the criteria will receive follow up communications. All applications/resumes will be thoroughly reviewed.
RecruiterOperations Project Management Management
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Director of Engineering