Director of Finance
About Our Client:
Our client is a licensed cannabis producer.
Our client is seeking a Director of Finance for their Toronto location. This role will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Support the Chief Financial Officer by providing timely and accurate financial information that can be used to manage the business, and ensuring smooth functioning of all aspects of financial operations.
- Direct and coordinate the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets and forecasting; generation of reports of performance against budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare supporting documents for preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, and MD&A, including working with the auditors.
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures
- Communicate financial metrics to senior management.
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for each department.
- Delivery of the consolidated monthly reporting package, including a detailed analysis of variances to budget.
- Provide analysis and support to operations as required. Conduct regular P&L reviews with all department managers.
- Assist with maintenance of internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Assist in the development and enforcement of credit policies and controls in the revenue cycle.
- Support various statutory reporting requirements with Health Canada and CRA.
- Responsible for the accuracy and timelines of financial information.
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated background in financial reporting and strong understanding of GAAP, including a proven track record of supervising day-to-day accounting operations and cash management.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or guidance; experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, etc.)
- Ability to use an ERP system (NetSuite) is an asset.
- Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail.
- High level of integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information.
- Must pass a security clearance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant study.
- CPA or CMA required.
- 5-7+ years of experience in a Controllership role required, in a multi-location, manufacturing or CPG setting required.
- Prior experience with public companies is an asset.
To apply, please send a resume to Aman Sodi at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Director of Finance