Director of Finance
About Our Client: Our client is a global player in the healthcare sector.
Reporting to the Canadian President, the Director of Finance will be accountable for leading the Finance team in managing all aspects of the company’s financial and accounting policies, systems and processes, tax and regulatory requirements, ongoing financial modeling and annual business plan, and providing oversight on Canadian payroll systems, processes and controls. The incumbent will be responsible to provide direct leadership and coaching to the Finance team.
- Completion of all regular accounting activities to ensure accurate and timely preparation of month-end financial statements and subsequent reporting
- Accurately maintain all accounting records within the General Ledger and Sub-ledgers and all integrated and non-integrated systems by overseeing the processing of accounts receivable, accounts payable, expense management, payroll accounting, fixed assets and depreciation, treasury, cash management and inventory accounting.
- Conduct timely reconciliation of all GL accounts and analyses of accounts, reconcile files for all prepaid and accrual accounts, and payroll withholding and accrued expenses.
- Coordinate internal/external audit activities, review and analyze results, and make recommendations for approval of the Audited Financial Statements.
- Ensure the business is in compliance with all internal policies and relevant regulations, and ensure filings are completed in a timely manner.
- Oversee the Cash Management function, including banking relationships.
- Oversee the Payroll function, ensuring efficient systems, process and controls.
- Develop and oversee the Internal Review function to ensure compliance with finance and operations controls and policies. Ensure effective follow up processes are in place.
- Develop and oversee accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future business models.
- Oversee preparation of monthly report
- Responsible for the management of the Insurance and Risk Management program.
- Administration for insurances, pension plan and facility.
- Oversee the annual insurance renewal process, and ensure appropriate coverage is maintained at all times.
- Ensure appropriate legal review of contracts, and solicit external legal advice as required. Review financials of preferred vendors.
- Manage cash flow requirements, monitor banking activity and manage escalated issues with credit and collections. Develop cash flow forecasting and maintain a long term cash forecast.
- Develop Finance team goals that are fully aligned with local, regional and global finance goals.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and support to the Finance team. Establish professional development plans, and manage performance to assist employees.
- Participate in Finance team people activities, including recruiting, onboarding, employee issues, etc.
- Responsible for Financial Management Reporting
- Ensure financial management reporting tools and processes are in place to support ongoing and future needs of the business.
- Develop and prepare a monthly Management Reporting Package.
- Present monthly and year-to-date financials with accompanying analysis of results.
- Develop regular reporting and analysis, including key metrics reports, and conduct ad hoc financial analysis as required.
- Lead the annual business plan development and budgeting process.
- Prepare operating and capital budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with management, and analyze financial information by reviewing variances of actual to budget. Make recommendations to ensure financial targets are achieved.
- Lead the quarterly outlook process.
- Provide ongoing financial modeling and analysis expertise to business partners.
- Lead the financial modeling and analysis to support the development of long term strategic initiatives and business plans.
Education and Experience:
- University degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related discipline
- Accounting designation – CPA or CA
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Accounting and Finance, with at least 3 years managing and mentoring direct reports
- Sound knowledge and application of accounting standards and principles
- Sound knowledge of compliance regulations
- Sound knowledge of Financial and ERP systems
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Advanced level user of Microsoft Office programs
- Strategic thinking and analytical ability
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and multi-task
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to resolve conflicts and problems
- Ability to travel within Canada and the US
To apply, please send a resume to Aman Sodi at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Director of Finance