Director of Finance
About Our Client:
Our client is a nonprofit organization in the healthcare space.
As a Director, this role will report to the President and will provide leadership to the Financial Team nationally. This role will oversee the strategic and leadership direction of the Financial Team, from day-to-day financial management and banking, annual audit management, as well as having a full understanding of Government regulations and banking.
- Oversee financial operations while providing strategic leadership and vision for the financial functions of the company.
- Manage and provide ongoing training to accounting team members and Regional and National Directors.
- Conduct weekly and monthly financial assessments and generate reports to be submitted to the senior management team.
- Establish budgets in accordance with the requirements of company departments.
- Develop annual financial plans and projections for the company.
- Conduct analysis of financial risks and benefits on company initiatives.
- Coordinate, analyze and report the financial performance to Management and Board of Directors (financial performance, projections and other special projects as required).
- Prepare short and long-term financial forecasts of financial performance for use with internal management and external parties.
- Oversee audit and tax functions, coordinate activities with outside audit firms and review firm’s performance.
- Develop, implement and maintain accounting and administrative policies and procedures for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting and reporting, employee relations (hiring/terminating policies) and other corporate policies.
- Responsible for all corporate and human resource activities including employee benefits, retirement plans, corporate insurance and related activities.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience overseeing financial planning, financial management, and accounting/financial reporting systems and procedures ideally in a not-for-profit environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and the ability to present to executive management.
- Knowledge of financial systems, payroll, and administrative information systems is necessary.
- Knowledge of government and other funding agency structures and procedures is a strong asset.
- Detail Oriented and Hands-On Individual.
- Self-starter with superior analytical skills to support the business operations.
- Advanced working knowledge with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong systems knowledge (ERP/SAP, AO, consolidation, budgeting and data mining).
- Ideally, the successful candidate will have passion for the vision, mission and core commitments of organization.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required.
- CPA Designation in good standing.
- 8 – 10 years of Financial Leadership experience.
- Previous Charitable Industry experience is required.
To apply, please send a resume to Jessica Alcock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
RecruiterAccounting and Finance
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Director of Finance