Director of Marketing and Communications
Our client is a well-established organization in the Oil and Energy industry with a strong reputation in their respective space. They are looking for a Director of Marketing and Communications to join their team in Brantford, Ontario.
Reporting to the Vice President, Sales & Marketing, the Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the development and supervision of all marketing and communications strategies for the company. This individual will oversee the development of goals, strategies, and implementation plans to execute comprehensive marketing campaigns. This individual will promote the creation, enhancement and development of programs to promote our client and its services. Some marketing goals will include maintaining the brand integrity of our client and strategically positioning the company as a trusted source for knowledge while establishing the company’s status as an industry leader. The Corporate Director of Marketing and Communications will also oversee the launch and managing of new products, services, and associated brands to meet profitability goals and targets.
- Analyze market trends to determine feasibility and profitability of new or existing offerings; make recommendations based on findings.
- Develop and promote branding initiatives consistent with our client’s corporate business goals and objectives.
- Determine pricing and profitability margins based on market research and other projections.
- Maximize brand value through the development of additional revenue streams and new opportunities.
- Ensure all products, services, and other offerings conform to brand identity; conduct ongoing brand management.
- Initiate research, development, and implementation of new marketing programs, including direct mail, corporate sales, Internet marketing, seminars, webinars, advertisements, sales tools and other initiatives.
- Work with department heads to develop and oversee advertising and promotion activities, including customer presentations, brochures, videos, webinars and sales training materials.
- Work closely with sales and senior management to prepare sales forecasts based on identified customer needs.
- Develop and execute tactical marketing plans and programs to support sales and revenue objectives.
- Work closely with Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Business Development and Client Services teams to identify customer needs.
- Prepare and deliver reports on the status of all marketing programs and initiatives to senior management.
- Communicate and negotiate with promotional partners as needed for joint marketing activities.
- Evaluate the success of various communication strategies and provide and implement recommendations for improvement.
- Develop marketing plans within budget requirements.
- Assess the financial returns for special campaigns and promotions.
- Design and attend relevant trade show and convention appearances in order to build relationships and promote our client’s initiatives.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on competitor activities; make recommendations based on findings/opportunities discovered.
- Develop, manage and execute an annual strategic marketing and communications plan to span across all communication media (online and offline) and reach appropriate target audiences, based upon specific performance goals.
- Analyze potential new products/media to enhance the marketing/communications work of our client.
- Promote new marketing initiatives to all staff.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education required. University degree in Business or Sales/Marketing preferred.
- 5-10 years of direct work experience in a marketing management capacity.
- Strong aptitude for determining the optimal way to position services in the market.
- Exceptional understanding and working knowledge with brand building and brand management.
- Prior experience in an industrial technical services or equipment reliability related industry is a strong asset.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented.
- Proven team player who is both flexible and adaptable.
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding writing, content development and editing skills.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please forward resumes to Bruce MacEachern at Summit Search Group email@example.com.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Director of Marketing and Communications
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.