Executive Director / Registrar
The College of Audiologists and Speech – Language Pathologists of Manitoba (the College) registers and regulates Audiologists and Speech – Language pathologists in Manitoba. The College’s mission is to serve the public interest by regulating the two professions. The overall goal of the College is to ensure Manitobans have access to safe, ethical, and high-quality care.
Reporting to Council, the Registrar will provide overall operational leadership to the College in implementing strategic plans to advance its vision, purpose and goals.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous successful management and leadership experience
- Participation in the development, evaluation and implementation of strategic plans.
- Financial management, office administration, human resource management and public affairs
- Contract management
- Diplomatic skills which include the ability to facilitate mutually beneficial solutions with various stakeholders
- Knowledge of governance principles and practices and the role of a regulatory college
- Experience in the regulatory environment and a good working knowledge of the Regulated Health Professions Act and related Acts
- Policy development
- Knowledge of the application of standards of practice, policy and guidelines
- Organizational and problem-solving skills, with ability to make decisions while dealing with competing priorities
- Identifying issues, potential risks to the College and making recommendations for action
- Preparing and distributing timely Council and Committee agendas, minutes and associated documents as per College policy.
- Preparing and presenting comprehensive and objective background information to inform Council decisions
- Organizing, facilitating and participating in annual strategic planning with Council
- Drafting and revising policies in the interest of the College or at the request of Council
- Managing the financial and human resources of the College in accordance with College policy and within the approved budget
- Managing College contracts and financial commitments in accordance with College policy
- Implementing processes, procedures and resources to support members of the College to achieve regulation requirements
- Maintaining a register of Audiologists and Speech – Language Pathologists in compliance with provincial legislation
- Ensuring the registration of members and issuance of certificates of practice and advanced competency are carried out in accordance with regulations
- Ensuring compliance with the Regulated Health Professions Act
- Participation in the Canadian Alliance of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Regulators
- Participation in the Manitoba Alliance of Health Regulated Colleges (MAHRC)
RecruiterHuman Resources Other Administrative
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Executive Director / Registrar
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.