Executive Director / Registrar
ABOUT THE OPTICIANS OF MANITOBA (OOM):
The Opticians of Manitoba serve and protect the public interest through effective regulation of the practice of opticianry. The Opticians of Manitoba achieves this goal primarily through the performance of its three core functions; Registration and Licensing, Standards and Complaints Resolution.Opticianry is a self-governing profession in Manitoba. The Opticians of Manitoba (OOM) has been regulating the profession since 1953. All Opticians must be registered and licensed by OOM to legally practice Opticianry in Manitoba.
MAJOR DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- The Executive Director / Registrar is responsible for and has the authority to:
- Act in ways to ensure the protection of the public and the efficient and effective achievement of the mandate of the Opticians of Manitoba
- Being well informed about the Opticians of Manitoba and the issues within the regulatory practice of the profession of Opticianry
- Act within the Opticians Act, the Regulated Health Professions Act ( once enacted) and the related regulations and bylaws of the Opticians of Manitoba ,The Fair Registration Practices in Regulated Professions Act and all other relevant Federal and Provincial Acts, regulations and bylaws
- Implement strategic directions, outcomes and annual priorities established by the Council
- Develop an annual budget for discussion by the Finance Committee and approval by Council
- Manage risks related to information, finance, staff, facilities, equipment and the public image and reputation of the organization.
- Maintain the register of Licensed Opticians and an online registry
- Process applications for registration and licensing, making first level decisions within Council policy and refer concerns about applications to the Registration Committee
- Maintain all administrative systems including information, records, finance, the office, equipment and the website,
- Promote the profession of opticianry and the regulation of Opticians
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, excellent communication skills with stakeholders at all levels and a proven ability to build and manage multiple professional relationships. Familiarity with regulatory practice and administrative law.
- Commitment to the work of the organization
- Knowledge and skills Council governance: policy, finance, programs and personnel
- Attendance at bimonthly Council and Executive meetings, other Council committee meetings as required, meetings of external governing bodies and bi annual national meetings of auxiliary opticianry organizations
- Be informed of the services provided by the Opticians of Manitoba and publicly support them
- Prepare for and participate in the discussions and the deliberations of Council
- Foster a positive working relationship with other Council members and the general staff
- Be aware and abstain from any conflict of interest
Deadline to apply is Friday May 10, 2019.
RecruiterHuman Resources Marketing Operations Management Other Administrative
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Executive Director / Registrar
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.