Aurora Family Therapy Centre (AFTC) is an incorporated, non-profit, charitable organization that was founded in 1972. AFTC is a dynamic collaborative enterprise serving the people of Winnipeg and other communities in Manitoba.
The past four years have been a time of growth and development at AFTC that is unparalleled in our forty-eight year history. We feel pleased and privileged to be in the position of creating, developing and implementing unique programming that has literally engaged and assisted thousands of refugees. AFTC is well on the way to becoming a centre of excellence for cross-cultural therapy from a systemic lens focusing on psychological trauma, recovery and community development. We strive to be culturally sensitive, inclusive and accessible. AFTC is an exciting place to work with variety and diversity a part of every day.
Aurora Family Therapy Centre has an immediate need for an Executive Director (ED) to lead their support, community and therapy programming in Manitoba. The Executive Director is responsible for the operation and the general management of AFTC’s activities and services.
- Give direction and leadership to the formulation and achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission, and its annual goals and objectives.
- To provide short-term and long-term planning assistance including developing a three to five-year strategic plan.
- To draw up a balanced budget forecast each year for AFTC.
- To provide leadership in the maintenance of current funding and the development of new funding and grant proposals.
- To oversee the creation of the Annual Report and assist with the planning and execution of the Annual General Meeting.
- To collaborate with the Director of the Master of Marriage and Family Therapy (MMFT) Program and maintain a good relationship with the University of Winnipeg.
- To continue to provide service and develop programming in the area of newcomer mental health and work towards narrowing the gap between ethno-cultural communities, community-based agencies, and the formal mental health system.
- To represent and interpret AFTC to the community and provide leadership in the maintenance of key relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluate, coordinate, and oversee the administrative team and teh various programs and services that AFTC provides.
- To do public speaking on AFTC as requested.
- To pursue professional development opportunities and maintain membership in good standing with related associations.
- To convey a strong message about inclusivity: Welcoming those of all race, colour, ancestry, nationality or place of origin, ethnic background, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital and family status, source of income, political belief, physical or mental disability, or social disadvantage.
- EDUCATION: Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work, or other related social sciences degree or an equivalent level of related experience and education.
- PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Clinical Fellow and Approved Supervisor of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy and/or membership in good standing with the Canadian Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
- EXPERIENCE: 10 years’ experience in program administration in a not-for- profit, advanced education, public sector, or social service environment, in particular in the delivery of mental health services.
- KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of leadership and management practices; knowledge of therapy and community development programs; knowledge of not-for-profit agencies and their policies and procedures; knowledge of the Policy Governance Model; knowledge and experience related to Refugee trauma, trauma-informed care, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and working across culture would be an asset
- SKILLS: Ability to relate well to the public; ability to network well with related systems and organizations; ability to relate to and manage and problem solve with diverse staff and diverse communities; strong clinical skills working with diverse populations; human resource management skills; ability to work with colleagues and a Board of Directors; ability to understand financial statements and ability to administer an annual budget in excess of three million dollars.
- QUALITIES: Flexibility; willingness to learn and be open especially to ethnocultural communities; ability to recognize and understand the power of communal/collective culture and incorporate this in all that we do.
Aurora Family Therapy Centre welcomes those of all race, colour, ancestry, nationality or place of origin, ethnic background, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital and family status, source of income, political belief, physical or mental disability or social disadvantage.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.