Financial Supervisor – Campbell River
We are excited to partner with our client, Cermaq Canada, to assist them in filling the role of Financial Supervisor based out of Campbell River.
The Role: The Financial Supervisor actively contributes to the strategic mandate of the organization by providing leadership to the accounting functions and analysis of the financials for the business.
Remuneration: Cermaq Canada offers a competitive salary and a corporate bonus. Full benefit package.
Base Location: Campbell River Administration Office (some relocation cost could be negotiated for the right situation)
Travel Requirements: Some regional travel required
Number of direct and total reports: Up to 6
- With an awareness of the production cycle, be able to understand the importance of the production of premium quality fish from egg to plate to exceed customer satisfaction throughout the value chain
- Lead the department through decisions that could impact service levels at a regional level yet are beneficial to the company wide operations
- Manage the certification of the financial landscape for continual improvement processes that provide Cermaq with world class certifications
- Support the sales team with credit facilities required in order to build meaningful and long term partnerships with customers and support this by maintaining a comprehensive credit insurance program
- Implement the strategy for the Finance department that meets targets, drives business results and exceeds customer expectation
- Coordinate company financial planning and budget management functions
- Analyse the financial impact of decisions, strategic objectives that measure operating performance
- Monitor and analyze timely and accurate monthly operating results that include balance sheet, profit & loss and cash flow
- Responsible for detailed analysis and projections involving both financial and biological data
- Assist in preparation of the monthly management report
- Support the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Supervise the accounts payable function to ensure a timely and efficient process
- Supervise and review work prepared by peers and subordinates
- Participate in the external audit of internal controls and fiscal year end reports
- Monitor system of internal financial controls to ensure the accuracy of the financial reporting
- Stay current on all levels of compliance and regulations including reporting out
- Monitor for compliance with IFRS and Canadian GAAP
- Prepare working papers for tax accounting and compliance with tax filings in multiple jurisdictions
- Provide data input for monthly/quarterly Cermaq sustainability reporting and provide quality assurance
- Participate in local and global projects
- Any other activity related to finance and administration that the Assistant Financial Controller or Finance Director may request
- Comply with the Cermaq Canada Management System that keeps to the corporate commitments
- Promotes compliance to all safety procedures to ensure the health and well-being of all persons
- Promotes a positive workplace that treats all persons with respect and dignity devoid of discrimination, bullying and harassment
- Collaborates with Management globally and locally with a focus on customer service that keeps to the corporate commitments
- Leads the department being mindful of the core values and leadership principles that guide all employees at Cermaq for example;
- Leads the operations departments to ensure collaborative and efficient teamwork both internally and with other departments
- Encourages the development of all direct reports to their maximum potential to ensure efficiency and engagement
- Promotes the morale of all employees in the departments to keep engagement high and reduce turnover
- Resolves complex problems that may require cross divisional support in such a manner that organizational goals and efficiency are maintained
- In collaboration with Human Resources, makes recommendations and decisions concerning discipline for department employees that are fair and equitable
- Establishes performance standards for all direct reports then evaluates and monitors progress in order to maximize the effectiveness of the department
Education, Experience and Skills
- CPA designation or a combination of education and experience
- Minimum of four years management experience in a similar role with mid-size organization
- Prior experience working with strategic budgets
- Proven interpersonal and communications skills that drives results
- Capable of boat, car and plane travel
Cermaq Canada is an equal opportunities employer who provides a workplace that is free of discrimination.
Cermaq Canada has a progressive view of reconciliation with Indigenous peoples. Although wholly committed to hire the best candidate available, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples for this role.
To apply, please email your resume to Chad Rutherford at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted.
RecruiterAccounting and Finance Management
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Financial Supervisor – Campbell River
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.