Fire Alarm Technician – CFAA certified
Great opportunity for CFAA certified technician in Winnipeg!
Our client is a Manitoba owned full-service fire suppression business which includes fire alarms and automatic sprinkler systems. Established in 2001, they have evolved their business and experienced rapid growth to meet the needs of their customers.
Reporting to the Fire Alarm Division Manager, Fire Alarm Technician is responsible for inspections, installations and repairs to fire alarm panel systems, emergency lighting and fire extinguishers as required by local and national fire codes. This role will also entail cross-selling or upselling of other company products and services where appropriate to promote customer retention and high quality customer services. This role will work closely with the Service Coordinators.
- Perform and complete service orders for inspections, installations, repairs and product sales as scheduled and/or assigned by the Service Coordinator or Fire Alarm Division Manager in a time sensitive manner
- Advises Service Coordinator and/or Fire Alarm Division Manager of any unexpected changes in assigned work order schedule based on customer needs and/or parts or service issues
- Examines work, tests and ensure that equipment is functioning properly before leaving the shop or the customer’s location
- Delivers equipment or product orders to customers as required
- Identifies and documents deficiencies on a “Proposal for Repairs” report and submits to Service Coordinators for further action
- Actively pursues opportunities for cross or up-selling of other Company products and services
- Must ensure the service vehicle has sufficient tools, equipment and product on hand for the required work order completion
- Prepares and completes a “inventory request form” for any missing or required parts and/or products and places the written request in the “order bin” outside of the purchasing office in a timely manner for the Inventory & Purchasing Coordinator to handle
- Provides daily feedback to Service Coordinator on the status and outcome of all assigned service orders and inspections and any additional service work to be scheduled as a result
- Submits completed service order and/or inspection paperwork to the Service Coordinator, with all parts and work hours accurately completed to ensure proper billing to the customers on a daily basis. Maximum time frame for submission of documents is weekly; namely by Friday
- Must report any vehicle maintenance issues or pending repairs required to the Fleet Manager as soon as they are observed
- Must complete, obtain and maintain all required certifications and safety training for performance of duties
- Must be available to be on emergency call-outs on a rotational basis
- Must be willing to travel as directed by the Division Manager
- Must attend and participate in any new product or service training requirements
- Must attend and participate in all safety, service and general staff meetings as required
- Minimum education requirement: Grade 12 graduate
- Additional education and/or training from a technical college program is highly desirable
- Must have a working knowledge of current local and national fire codes
- Alarm technicians must have CFAA certification
- Must be willing to obtain additional training and education to keep current on industry changes, new products and processes and other relevant information
- Must have a minimum 3 to 5 years direct industry experience
- Must have ability to multi-task and work effectively with minimal direction or supervision
- Must be very flexible and able to adapt easily to schedule changes
- Must be an effective problem solver while demonstrating good judgement
- Must possess effective organization and time management skills
- Must have and maintain a valid Manitoba Drivers’ License and clean driving abstract
- Must present a professional image & behaviours on job sites or in public when dealing with customers, vendors, other service providers and with fellow staff members
- Must have effective verbal and written communication
- Must demonstrate effective people skills and demonstrate positive team player attitude
RecruiterTechnician and Technologist
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Fire Alarm Technician – CFAA certified
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.