Head of Sales, Americas (Global Firm)
About Our Client:
Our client is a well-established, leading global provider of economic research.
Position Scope: Reporting to the Global Head of Sales (based overseas), our client has an exciting opportunity for a Sales Director, Americas. This role will be based in Toronto, with occasional international travel.
• The Sales Director will be responsible for all sales to new clients throughout the Americas, with the sole exception of the greater New York region.
• Leading a team of 8-10 new business hunters, with the potential for this team to grow over time. The majority of sales are currently being conducted on the phone, although this model may also evolve over time.
• Training and supporting those hunters to develop their skills, building their pipelines and closing business. You will set goals and objectives for the hunters to optimise and maximise their contacts and accounts to drive sales and hit budgets.
• Leading the recruitment of new staff, using motivation and incentives to retain strong performers.
• Using operational data and reports to size market opportunities and develop the most effective strategies to acquire new clients in each region. This will involve analyzing opportunities (with help from support and finance resources), then figuring out the right sales and marketing approach to capturing them.
• Contributing to the company’s strategic discussions, feeding ideas into the senior management team through the Global Head of Sales and directly. As the most senior member of the Americas sales management team, you will be expected to lead their thinking about how to best grow their presence in these regions.
• ‘New Business’ is defined as sales to new clients and users outside of the existing (registered) user base. The account management team in Toronto (currently 3) report to the Global Head of Account Management . New clients won by the hunters are transitioned to the account managers, typically within three months of being won. This role will therefore work closely with the global Head of Account Management (based overseas) to ensure the hunter and account manager teams complement each other well.
Required Skills/ Knowledge/ Experience:
• A minimum of 5 years of managing sales teams, with a demonstrable track record of hitting targets in an ambitious, driven environment.
• Proven ability to recruit, develop and retain high-performing sales people.
• Must have B2B sales and sales leadership experience
• Ideally, experience with B2B subscription sales, ideally in business information, publishing or media businesses.
• Must have experience in managing telephone-based sales operations specifically rather than just field sales.
• Preferably, experience in selling into North and South America, ideally selling into multiple sectors.
• Knowledge of the financial services sector is an asset.
• Input into commercial strategy, either at the local or company level. A strong candidate is likely to have contributed to commercial tactics beyond sales, e.g. in marketing, analysis of market opportunity, product development or the use of technology in the sales process.
• Ambitious, self-motivated and target-driven, with a strong passion to succeed.
• Strong sales skills that enable you to lead, train and inspire others.
• Proven leadership and communication skills, tailoring your approach to the individual.
• High energy and hard-working but with a smart approach to time management.
• The right candidate will be career driven and determined to rapidly grow the Toronto office to match the huge market opportunity.
To apply, please send a resume to Sebastian Pavlovec: [email protected]
RecruiterSales Sales Management Management Information Technology
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Head of Sales, Americas (Global Firm)