Health & Safety Advisor
Our client is seeking an experience Health & Safety Advisor to join their team. In this role, you will create and implement health and safety policies in accordance with the latest legislation and to ensure that these policies are implemented by management and employees.
- Ensure accurate record keeping of health & safety compliance files, on electronic and hard copy.
- Perform customer service functions by answering team member health & safety requests and questions.
- Write, revise, proofread, and edit company safety policies and procedures.
- Investigation and follow-ups of incidents/accidents.
- Coordinate new team member safety files and onboarding documents.
- Maintain, update, and audit training records and log books;
- Schedule safety training programs and prepare health and safety reports for employees.
- Support safety initiatives and participate in accident investigations and analysis in conjunction with the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Coordinate and participate in Joint Health and safety committee meetings and ensure functionality of the committee.
- Assist JHSC with branch audits and document deficiencies and submit corrective actions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Education & Experience:
- CRSP preferred or minimum of 5 years of health & safety and NCSO;
- Post-secondary diploma in relevant field or equivalent experience;
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Strong commitment to safety and ethical work standards;
- Effective communication skills reflected in the ability to foster solid working relationships;
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Teamwork driven attitude and strong active listening skills;
- Able to exercise discretion and tact in sensitive and confidential situations;
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Effective online research skills;
- COR experience required;
- Bilingual is an asset.
- Growing company!
- Very good benefits!
- Group RRSP matching!
- Continuous training and learning environment!
To apply, please send a resume to Shannon Terpstra at email@example.com.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Health & Safety Advisor