Our client is a large fuel provider and they are looking for an HR Generalist to join their team located just outside of Ottawa. This full-time role splits time between human resources activities, recruitment, benefit administration and back-up payroll processing.
Recruitment and Selection:
- This includes working with Managers to identify and respond to talent acquisition and recruitment processes.
- Owns the recruitment and selection process, which includes the elements of:o Post opportunities to the sites proven to drive quality applications.
o Undertake preliminary shortlisting, telephone interviews.
o Set up interviews in discussion with Managers.
o Maintain competition files and correspond with candidates.
o Attend and lead, when required, the interview process.
o Obtain references.
o Arrange pre-employment tests.
o Assign training classes and add new employees to employee portal.
o Prepare letters of response.
o Assist the Director, HR in the preparation of offers of employment.
o Work with Managers to prepare consistent onboarding standards.
o Manage the 8-week performance review process.
Human Resource Administration:
- Maintain confidential employee files, in paper and electronic format. Update and amend employee payroll data and benefit data as required.
- Assist with health and wellness programs, the employee newsletter and communications.
- Creating and providing employee correspondence when required.
- Track eligibility and makes presentations to enroll new employees.
- Administer the various benefits and RRSP plans offered to employees.
- Answer inquiries and ensures that employees requests are completed and contributions are accurately documented and action taken.
- Act as back-up for the company’s bi-weekly pay processing.
- Process an assigned payroll bi-weekly. This will include data entry and training new users on the self-service system.
- Consult with employees and resolve queries regarding time reporting, employee time off and benefits.
- Assist the Payroll Coordinator to prepare annual T4’s, T4A, T2200s, Workers Compensation, taxable benefits, salary increases and bonus payments including transfers to RRSP accounts and prepares summary reports.
- Initiate, analyse, and balance internal/external reporting documentation such as salaries & benefits, bank accounts, tracking vacation accruals.
- Undertakes research for new legislation, policies and projects.
- Attend classes and training as required.
- Participate on the H&S Committee.
- And any other duties which may reasonably be required.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resource Management is required.
- Bilingual, French and English, both verbal and written is required.
- 2 years’ general HR experience, including recruitment.
- 2+ years previous experience processing payroll, ideally with Desjardins system.
- CHRP designation or working towards it.
- Must be a self-starter and pro-active.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and confidentiality is essential.
- Valid driver’s license.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please forward resumes to Megan Newell at Summit Search Group firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
**Located outside of Ottawa
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.