About Our Client: Our client is a leading food manufacturing and distribution organization located in the Downsview area.
Position Scope: Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, the successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the organization by providing expertise in the areas of recruitment, employee relations, employee benefits, compensation and other HR related programs and services.
The HR Generalist will build positive relationships with HR team members and throughout the organization and contribute to creative and innovative initiatives, aligned with the company’s strategic direction.
- Contributes to the full cycle recruitment process, including preparing job postings/advertisements, job descriptions, developing interview questions and ensuring corporate hiring policies and procedures are followed. Screens resumes and conducts interviews.
- Researches best practices in order to attract and retain employees.
- Administers leave programs such as sick leave, short-term disability and leaves offered under the ESA.
- Administers WSIB processes, such as receiving accident reports, submitting WSIB forms, liaising with WSIB claims managers and third-party disability managers to identify early and safe return to work opportunities.
- Acts as the first point of contact for human resources related matters, such as, but not limited to recruitment, compensation, benefits, leaves, occupational health and safety, attendance management, policy/procedure interpretation and various employee relations issues.
- Creates and analyses reports related to recruitment, headcount, workforce planning, benefit costs, etc. making recommendations as necessary.
- Contributes to various HR related initiatives.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Full cycle recruiting experience required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Sound knowledge of HR legislation, including provincial employment standards
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario and Workplace Safety and Insurance Act
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Experience with an HRIS system
- Payroll experience is an asset
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or degree in human resources management or a related field
- CHRP/CHRL designation, or working towards designation is required
- Minimum of 5 years of human resources experience, preferably in the food manufacturing industry or a similar sector
To apply, please send a resume to Lisa Armstrong at Lisa.Armstrong@summitsearchgroup.com
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.