HRBP, Eastern Canada
About Our Client:
Our client is a leading global logistics company.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Employee Relations – Canada, the Human Resources Business Partner provides Regional Human Resources leadership and strategic business partnership to the regional Operations, and Sales Leaders, across the Region (Ottawa, Quebec and Atlantic Canada). As a member of the respective Regional leadership team, the Human Resources Business Partner will provide support and leadership in the areas of labour and employee relations, disability management, compensation and benefits, as well as talent acquisition and management.
- Understanding your business and labour environment, strategy and people implications to effectively lead the HR function in the region and be an effective business partner and influencer including the development of positive relationships at all levels of the organization
- Providing people management coaching to leaders and contributing to their skill development
- Connecting with your Talent Acquisition partners on ways to act as steward for attracting and selecting diverse talent for the organization
- Champion the performance and talent management processes in the Region including participation in talent reviews and succession planning
- Act as a change agent to support critical business initiatives and support leaders in all elements of effective change management
- Act as the primary the point of contact for Regional Union representatives regarding all issues related to the collective bargaining agreement and the labour/management relationship
- Effectively balance the advocacy of employees with the requirements of the business to ensure decisions are balanced
- Leads the execution of the labour relations strategy within the Region
- Partner with our HR functions to proactively respond to issues including grievances, training, compensation, development and employee relations
- Conducting training for employees and managers as required i.e. labour relations, attendance management, anti-harassment and discrimination
- Lead investigations and fact finding on employee and labour relations issues within the Region i.e. harassment, and disciplinary issues etc.
- Support the management of illness or disability of employees related to either an occupational or a non-occupational absences and supporting the business with the development of RTW plans, accommodation, and injury/illness reporting.
- Ensures best practices are followed by staying current with labour and employment legislation and HR industry developments
- Contribute to continuous improvement and best practices to influence HR strategies, policies and procedures;
- Coordinate exit interview process for salaried employees; including conducting exit interviews, supporting managers and employees; analyzing data to determine themes for future action.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development and implementation of people solutions to address business opportunities – strong business acumen and commercial awareness
- Demonstrated consulting, influence leadership, and change management skills
- A self-starter with the ability to take initiative from concept through to implementation.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and prioritize activities in a fast-paced organization
- Ability to sell and promote new ideas and procedures.
- Proven team player.
- Proven ability to make tough decisions when required
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written.
- Adaptive to learning new technology quickly
- 25% travel within the region/country is required
Education and Experience:
- Post secondary business degree/diploma (Business is preferred)
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as an HR generalist with minimum four (4) years with direct labour relations experience.
- Experience supporting multi – location operations with multiple collective agreements as well as field sales in a federally regulated industry.
- Proven ability to work closely with leaders to support the resolution of employee issues in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines and the ability to work outside regular business hours as required
- HRIS and data analytics experience is an asset.
- CHRP designation is an asset
To apply, please send a resume to Amanda Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
HRBP, Eastern Canada
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.