Human Resources Manager
About Our Client: Our client is a highly reputable, growing building supplies distributor.
Our client is looking for an HR Manager who is career-oriented and who will assist in their goal of moving to the next level of their growth. This individual will be responsible for implementing a more robust HR structure and procedures for their growing team.
- Developing, implementing, evaluating, and improving the organization’s policies, procedures, and metrics, ensuring they are consistently aligned with all applicable requirements and laws.
- Building programs that support the organization’s goals and increase employee performance and engagement.
- Distributing annual surveys and conducting periodical interviews to assess individual and team performance.
- Coordinating reward and recognition initiatives.
- Counselling executives on all HR-related matters (e.g. employee relations, talent management, and career development planning).
- Overseeing all material, human, and financial resources, ensuring compliance with established policies, schedules, and budget.
- Being the company’s culture and brand ambassador for both external and internal purposes.
- Gaining influence, trust, and credibility within the organization to build collaborative relationships between management and employees.
- Being the point of contact for third party claims.
- Overseeing the recruitment process.
- Devising and applying the appropriate practices and strategies for talent acquisition in order to ensure that the organization’s hiring needs and goals are met.
- Being the liaison with recruiting agencies.
- Creating and posting job openings.
- Interviewing candidates.
- Overseeing training and orientation of all new employees.
- Overseeing employee records, including grievances and their resolution.
- Preparing reports which display turnover, absenteeism, and other related activities.
- Tracking service anniversaries and contract deadlines.
- Administering disciplinary actions, sometimes through coaching and counselling, or by terminating employment, when necessary.
- Overseeing exit interviews and implementing succession plan strategies to ensure smooth role transitions within the organization.
- Administering payroll and benefits.
- Actively participating in health and safety initiatives, taking a lead role in safety optimization.
- Keeping track of records, reports, and other documentation, ensuring all files are kept up to date and confidential.
- Directing and evaluating the activities and actions of the HR department to ensure they meet the organization’s goals and any applicable regulations.
- Counselling executives and advising them on HR best practices and policies.
- Overseeing internal and external events for the organization.
- Overseeing recruiting, training, and orientation of all new employees.
- Overseeing employee relations, employee performance, grievances, benefits, and compensation.
- Maintaining positive relationships between employees and executives.
- Analyzing statistical reports to identify and determine issues and providing recommendations for improvement.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Communicating clearly, both in writing and verbally, in order to create a clear and communicative environment with employees, members of the senior management team, and during group presentations and meetings
- Conveying an engaging attitude and using an influential tone with a focus on developing long-term relationships internally and externally to facilitate work efforts, alignment, and collaboration.
- Handling requests and inquiries in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Being able to facilitate conflict resolution and to teach conflict resolution techniques to other departmental managers.
- Pushing themselves and others to achieve results and exceed goals.
- Being resourceful, energetic and displaying a strong desire to take initiative.
- Prioritizing and planning work activities to manage time efficiently.
- Multitasking and being able to produce results to meet deadlines.
- Being able to work well under pressure, individually or as part of a team.
- Effectively analyzing numerical data, drawing logical inferences, and providing reasonable recommendations.
- Identifying issues and resolving problems in a timely manner.
- Using creativity and imagination to develop new insights and to apply new solutions to problems.
- Being able to exercise mature judgment and strategic thinking.
- Being able to accurately and thoroughly monitor work for quality.
- Ensuring standard specifications are met, including high-level proofreading.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including the ability to develop and use formulas.
- Understanding of web-based recruiting tools and being able to function within online job posting boards
- Experience in creating organizational charts, reports, and other documents.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of current HR management practices, employment standards, and federal and provincial legislations (e.g. employment laws, payroll management, and collective agreements administration).
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a similar role.
- Post-secondary education in HR considered a strong asset.
Application Instructions: To apply, please send a resume to Amanda Graham at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Human Resources Manager