Senior Manager, Pension Benefits & Compensation
Senior Manager, Benefits, Pension and Compensation
About Our Client:
Our client is a leading publishing company.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Human Resources, with a dotted line to the SVP, Global Head of Benefits. The Senior Manager is responsible for the planning, design, implementation, maintenance, regulatory compliance, communication, and administration of all corporate-wide benefit programs and pension plans and compensation, consistent with the organization’s human capital objectives and all appropriate governance. The Senior Manager will also manage the associated vendor relationships, and lead activities related to HR systems, interface with payroll and lead all key reporting benefits, pension and compensation according to established guidelines and sound administrative processes.
- Responsible for all compensation activities for the organization including leading the annual merit and bonus process, analysis of external market data, refreshing salary grades and ranges, oversee the job evaluation process and related pay equity governance processes.
- Leads internal overhead budgeting process for total compensation. Proactively makes recommendations using market trends to meet business attraction and retention needs. Continuously identifies monetary and non-monetary rewards initiatives to promote a culture of recognition.
- Responsible for pension committee governance working closely with the Pension Committee as on with all meetings, follow-up on key actions with vendors and ensure accurate records management.
- Lead and oversee the regulatory filings with FSRA and other Canadian entities.
- Develop and lead employee pension communications and education.
- Leads the annual renegotiation of benefit costs with the benefit provider and consultants. Provides guidance and information for benefit design change.
- Oversees and manages all communications to employees for annual renewal and the online re-enrollment process. Remains current with marketplace trends in health and welfare benefits to provide improvements in design, cost containment and processes.
- Responsible for employee health and wellness including employee assistance programs, including a utilization reviews and optimization of service, communication to employees, and annual review of vendor performance. Identifies and leads innovative programs and initiatives to foster overall employee wellness.
- Responsible for overseeing STD/LTD programs and employee claims management. Leads review of vendor relations, conducting annual reviews and to ensure productive, expedient and appropriate return to work processes factoring in company and employee feedback.
- Main point of contact for all pension and benefit vendors and responsible for reviewing vendor performance and service level agreements. Look for opportunities to improve and streamline processes. Ensure that providers maintain a user- friendly experience for employees.
- Responsible for overseeing one direct report who is responsible for all administration related to all pension and benefits data and processing, employee data changes to payroll, employee inquires, STD & LTD case management, employee pension, benefit & HRIS communications, vendor inquires, and data for management reporting.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in Canadian pensions (DB and DC) and benefits, including all oversight and governance requirements for pension plans.
- Experience with benefit design, renewal processes and costing reviews.
- Experience at working with multiple vendors in pension and benefits, forming relationships and holding vendors accountable for service performance levels.
- Experienced managing compensation processes for merit and bonus.
- Payroll experience with systems such as Ultimate.
- Experienced at overseeing job evaluation, conducting external compensation analysis and providing required recommendations on all compensation matters.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Versatility to liaise with all levels in the organization.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to balance employee and business requirements.
- Experience with managing direct staff, influencing without authority and working with several stakeholders.
- Exceptional knowledge and abilities of excel, data analytics and analysis skills.
- Familiarity with HR Human Capital systems such as Ultimate.
Education and Experience:
- University Degree in Business or relevant field preferred.
- 10 years HR experience with emphasis in pension, benefits and compensation.
To apply, please send a resume to Jessica Alcock at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Senior Manager, Pension Benefits & Compensation