Superintendent – Commercial
Location: Minot, North Dakota
Summit Search Group, a leading national recruitment firm, has been engaged by our client, Yates Construction. Yates is proud to be a global leader in construction and engineering services. On their behalf, Summit Search Group is recruiting a Superintendent who will lead, direct and coordinate the work of subcontractors and/or Yates trade partners. The superintendent is responsible for overseeing and managing all day-to-day project activities, including safety, schedule delivery, quality of work, and budget. The Superintendent must be an exceptional leader, communicator, and will serve as our primary point of contact to our clients on their projects.
Yates is proud to be an industry leader in construction and engineering services. To be a top of class organization, Yates is dedicated to hiring individuals who understand the importance of safety; instills integrity in all aspects of their lives; are passionate about what they do; and committed to providing value to our clients.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Strong working knowledge of programs such as Primavera, Excel, Word, and MS Project
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A proven track record of organizing project team to accomplish project goals
- Effective negotiation and contract management skills to represent the company with the Owner
- Well-rounded base of knowledge in construction disciplines
- 5-10 years previous commercial construction management experience is required
- Medium to large project experience ($20M+) is required
- Bachelor’s Degree – Construction Management or Engineering is preferred
Essential Job Duties:
- Leading Safety Culture for project.
- Direct project team in accordance with project plan and Yates Core Values
- Provide daily correspondence to the Project Manager related to daily progress, performance
- Coordinate pre-mobilization activities with Project Manager, General Superintendent and Project Executive
- Develop start-up schedule
- Establish Baseline Schedule with subcontractor input
- Maintain schedule and ensure work performed is in compliance with contract and will exceed client expectations
- Review 2 week look ahead schedule with Project Manager and project team
- Communicate clear expectations for safety to project team
- Perform safety inspections
- Ensure that all quality inspections are documented and communicated to the project team
- Manage subcontractor quality of work
- Attend all owner meetings
- Lead project turnover, mobilization and coordination meetings
- Complete daily reports and maintain logs of daily activities, files and shop drawings
- Manage subcontractor closeout and punch list.
If you feel that this exciting opportunity aligns well with your background and career aspirations, then please contact Jessica Willis at Summit Search Group, at [email protected]. While we appreciate all interest, only those qualified will be contacted.
RecruiterOperations Project Management Management Engineering
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Superintendent – Commercial