Supply Chain Manager
Our client is a large player in the building materials industry and they are looking for a Supply Chain Manager to join their team in Ottawa. The Supply Chain Manager plays a central role in ensuring that our products are available on budget and when needed. The Supply Manager reports to the General Manager and works closely with the President and is responsible for overseeing and managing the company’s overall supply chain in order to maximize the process efficiency, profitability, and client satisfaction. In addition, they play a crucial role in developing and maintaining good relationships with external vendors and distributors.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for ensuring that product is available to support the sales generated by the business. The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for maintaining the ERP system with regards to product database, purchase orders, pricing and product availability. This is a highly visible role and interacts closely with all departments within the company and, at times clients, to relay critical information.
Reporting and analysis
- Supplies all necessary reports and data on products to Marketing and Operations Support.
- Prepares quarterly reports for supply chain performance and presents to the President and General Manager.
- Analyze demand and trends and update inventory system/reorder points on a quarterly basis to maximize gross margin ROI.
- Conducts reorder point/reorder quantities for all SKUs and presenting any with a variation of +/- 25% for review and approval by the President and General Manager.
- Prepares all data for Showroom and Web audits to identify what is currently in stock that is not showing in designated markets or what is showing in a market but is no longer available.
- Maintains the product discontinued process by updating information in the ERP and communicates to staff.
Product planning and tracking
- Produces and maintains all price lists.
- Prepares, reviews and submits re-order requisitions for approval by the President and submits Purchase Orders to appropriate vendors.
- Ensures Receiving Department has receiving paperwork prior to shipment’s arrival so they can properly plan.
- Verify and maintain all supplier invoices to ensure their accuracy and track and provide updates on all supplier invoices not received for month end.
- Ensuring products are cleared with customs.
- Sourcing and maintaining freight rates for inbound and outbound freight.
- Ensure products arrive in time required to meet client needs; identify any issues in advance and work with President and General Manager to find appropriate resolution.
- Conducts an outstanding Purchase Order review and identifies those items to be deleted or the estimated arrival changes and communicates to applicable staff.
- Reviews Proforma paperwork prior to shipping and reviews Purchase Order against vendor invoice after physical receiving.
- Within 7 days of product arrival, provides duties, freight invoices and vendor invoices to President.
- Identifies any issues with vendor pricing, product supply or logistics and communicates those to President and/or General Manager; developing recommendations to address the issues while balancing customer needs and financial impacts on the business.
- Identify, develop and manage effective relationships with vendors and service providers to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Respond to all product availability and pricing requests in a timely manner.
- Advise all applicable staff of estimated arrival time for all products.
System maintenance and management
- Ensure overall integrity and accuracy for product related items within the ERP system.
- Ensures all Purchase Orders and product attributes are received and accurately entered into our ERP system within 24hrs of receiving them.
Experience and Requirements:
- Post secondary education required (business, supply chain, logistics or other related field).
- 5+ years progressive experience in supply chain and materials management.
- Strong client service orientation.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong focus on delivering results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English. French is considered an asset.
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks troubleshoot problems and issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and knowledge of ERP systems.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please forward resumes to Kyle Provost at Summit Search Group [email protected].
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
RecruiterOperations Supply Chain
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Supply Chain Manager