Summit Search Group a leading national professional recruitment firm is recruiting a professional, self-directed individual to fill the role of Logistics Manager. The Logistics Manager will schedule all inbound shipments, provide leadership and strive to keep departmental costs low.
- Provide outstanding leadership to a small team of direct reports.
- Maintain strong working relationships with carrier partners
- Maximize the reliability and efficiency of distribution network while minimizing transport costs.
- Successfully negotiate cost effective freight contracts.
- Effectively manage the scheduling of all in-bound trucks (both internal and external).
- Maintain organized and effective dock schedules.
- Act as the logistics liaison between internal and external stakeholders (internal departments, field operations, carriers, customs brokers, vendor base, etc.)
- Generate and maintain internal reports including but not limited to: master truck schedule, budget versus spend analysis, internal transfer log.
- Manage bill of lading, packing slips, customs documents and subsequent communication of documents to internal and external stakeholders..
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Plan or implement improvements to logistics systems or processes.
- 5+ years of experience in transportations or logistics
- 2+ years of management experience
- Superior communication skills both verbal and written
- Post secondary education – college or university in a related discipline
As an expression of interest, please send your resume and cover letter to Gail Eckert at [email protected]
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Notice: Undefined variable: email in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/summitsearchgroup/public/wp-content/themes/summitsearchgroup-theme/single-job.php on line 247