Manager, People & Culture
About Our Client:
Our client is a fast-growing firm in the investments space.
The Manager, People & Culture plays a key role in the development and implementation of sound HR strategies and programs, promoting effective management best practices and supporting the firm in achieving its business goals and growth plans.
Reporting to the Vice President, the Manager is a highly knowledgeable HR professional with a broad generalist background, providing expertise, advice, tools, training, decision making and tactical consultative and strategic support in all areas of Human Resources.
- Understands the firm’s business and proactively develops and executes initiatives aligned with and in support of the firm’s short- and long-term strategies
- Drives, amplifies and scales the company culture. Ensure innovation, collaboration, teamwork, integrity and respect continue to remain at the forefront of firm’s values and behaviours
Core HR Functions:
- Key in the development and delivery of HR programs, initiatives and policies and procedures including talent acquisition, performance management, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations, learning and development
- Provides coaching, direction and advice to management and employees regarding employment-related issues
- Builds and maintains relationships at all levels of the firm
- Effectively influences leaders to champion strong values and culture in their leadership roles
- Provides direction, advice, guidance, tools, resources, and solutions to management and employees with respect to all areas within the scope of human resources
- Promptly and professionally responds to internal and external inquiries and requests
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to human resources, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Keeps up to date with legislative changes
- Develops policies, procedures and training modules as required
- Provides guidance and interpretation of HR policies and procedures
- Creates and implements engagement surveys and analyzes and presents results
- Makes recommendations to the VP to address results requiring corrective action
- Monitors engagement level progress
HCMS, Data and Insights
- Leverages technology to develops key metrics, compile data and create reports
- Heavy hand in HCMS selection and implementation
- Support in building out all talent management functions – refining recruitment and on-boarding processes.
Learning & Development
- Identifying employee training needs, vendor selection – designing and facilitating sessions regarding management and leadership content.
- Support leaders in their recruitment and activities
- Create strategies to improve efficiencies in the recruitment process
- Evolving the firm on-boarding program to ensure successful new hire experiences
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and verbal and written communications skills to work effectively with multiple stakeholders across all level of the organization
- Solid knowledge of strategic planning, change management and organization development methodologies
- Strong business acumen that translates to results and solutions
- Proven ability to think strategically and also deliver on tactical and operational projects
- Proven ability to lead, interface and maintain effective relationships with teams and employees across all levels
- Ability to multitask, meet pressing deadlines and make sound decisions based on priorities and risks
- Highly ethical, impartial, diplomatic, respectful, flexible, organized, adaptable, patient and accountable
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to build and execute HR programs from scratch and to grow an HR function aligned with and in support of the business’ growth strategy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- This is a hands-on role that will benefit from an experienced HR practitioner who is pragmatic and deploys an entrepreneurial and solution-oriented approach to problem solving
Education and Experience:
- Senior generalist with at least 10 years of progressive experience working in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in an investment management related organization is preferred
- Undergraduate degree and/or master’s degree in a relevant field; additional HR certifications are desirable
- Solid understanding of employment law, regulations and best practices
To apply, please send a resume to Allison Dwyer at: [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Manager, People & Culture