Manager Quality Control
Summit Search group has partnered with a well-established leader in the food ingredient industry. They have been supplying a wide assortment of natural, nutritional ingredients and solutions to leading food manufacturers and processors. They service all sectors of the food industry with their specialty ingredients.
The Manager Quality Control reports to the President & CEO and is responsible for developing and managing the company’s food safety programs, ensuring ingredients and finished products meet the highest of quality standards.
As a Senior Member of their team, you will work with the Manager Product Development, the production team, and the President to ensure manufacturing quality objectives are met and that quality assurance requirements are followed for all existing and newly acquired ingredients and products.
- Search for new Raw Materials as required or requested and send price data to the President as received for the first step in the approval process
- Conduct specification reviews and sensory analysis as required for Raw Material Approval Approvals and send samples to outside laboratories for other analysis according to the SOPs
- Conduct production documentation reviews, sensory analysis and weight analysis as required for Product Approvals and send samples to outside laboratories for other analysis according to the SOPs
- Review laboratory reports and file the information and communicate the results to the appropriate staff, according to the SOPs
- Complete Raw Material Approval, Product Release and Product COA reports accordance with in-house analysis and laboratory reports
- Complete specification and COA reviews for all incoming products produced by Vendors as they are received and mark with R as reviewed or communicate the issues accordingly
- Manage company’s programs, including Internal and External Audits, Mock and Actual recalls and perform corrective action and report to the President on results of all BRC duties
- Manage and update Standard Operating Procedures
- Manage the collection of all relevant documents from suppliers pertaining to company’s ingredients
- Assist the company’s Product Development Technologist on Product Development activities and the preparation of samples for the sales team
- Maintain and update all food related license and certifications
- Investigate regulatory issues and provide feedback to the management team
Required Skills and knowledge
- Results Oriented – You are driven and vigilant in driving growth and achieving results
- Organizational Agility – You exercise sound judgment, possess a strategic mindset and work
- Relationship Management – You can build effective interpersonal relationships through good listening skills, development of trust and rapport, acceptances of differences, and willingness / ability to work with peers, supervisors, and subordinates.
- Innovation – You can generate innovative ideas, solutions and opportunities
- Approaches problems with curiosity and open mindedness
- Can come up with new ways of looking at problems processes and/or solutions
- Demonstrates a willingness to experiment with new ideas, within acceptable boundaries
Education and Experience
- Experience Quality Control and SQF and BRC certification procedures.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a Senior Quality Control role related to the food industry
- Exemplify company’s core values (Integrity, Innovation, Service Excellence, Trust, Passion)
- Applicable Post Secondary degree or Post Secondary degree in Food Science plus directly related experience in a related position
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office
- High level of self-motivation, independence, with strong time management and planning skills
To apply, please send a resume to Lisa Armstrong at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
RecruiterTechnician and Technologist
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Manager Quality Control