Manufacturing Technical Specialist
About Our Client:
Our client is a leading Autodesk Partner in Canada. They provide exceptional service, support and a broad range of custom professional services and product expertise in the areas of specializes in technology that supports multiple industries including Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Civil Infrastructure, Manufacturing and Media & Entertainment. They are an Autodesk Authorized Training Center, employing the largest team of industry technology experts across Canada, in all time zones and both official languages. Together they provide the highest level of service, expert support and a broad range of custom professional services and product expertise. This partnership demonstrates their commitment to provide their clients the solutions they need to maximize the return on their technology investment.
As a result of some exciting growth, our client is looking to fill a Technical Specialist to support the portfolio of Autodesk software they provide to the manufacturing industry. Based in Ontario, the candidate will continually develop expertise in Autodesk Inventor, Vault, Fusion, AutoCAD and Navisworks. The candidate will work alongside the sales team to provide pre-sale business process assessments (BPA’s), discoveries, proof of concepts and technology demonstrations. Post-sale, the candidate will deliver fundamental to expert level software training, implementation, project-specific mentoring and support services and will assist clients in defining unique workflows, customizations and standards.
- Familiar with engineering concepts, design lifecycles, version and revision concepts as well as mechanical drafting and design techniques.
- Ability to create and present proof-of-concepts as well as perform product demonstrations.
- Experience in delivering professional-level teaching or mentoring related to the use of design technology.
- Understand the fundamentals of deploying software, licensing and configuration concepts related to project setup, standards and templates for Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks or other manufacturing design solutions.
- Must have your own vehicle, and be willing to travel within the province, and periodically other parts of Canada. Location: Greater Toronto area. An estimated 50% of work will be performed on-site at clients in various parts of the province, with 50% of the time being spent working from the candidate’s home office or the clients head office located in the north part of the GTA.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and provide timely feedback and guidance to clients.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk Vault Professional
- Familiarity with an ERP system as well as an EDM or document management solution and its application in a manufacturing environment is highly beneficial.
- Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Word and Excel required.
Education and Experience:
- Working experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment utilizing Autodesk software
- Completion of relevant college Diploma or University Degree preferred
To apply, please send a resume to Lisa Armstrong at Lisa.Armstrong@summitsearchgroup.com
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Manufacturing Technical Specialist
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.