Marketing Manager – Retail Automotive
About Our Client: Our client is a well respected and well established organization in the retail automotive space. This role will be based out of Hamilton with travel (minimum once a week to Guelph).
- Develop, budget, implement and monitor strategic marketing campaigns.
- Is responsible for all marketing within the dealerships.
- Develops marketing campaigns on behalf of all sales units and leasing.
- Proactively engages and communicates with the department managers in developing marketing initiatives and ensures these initiatives are aligned with the departments’ goals and objectives.
- Advises department managers and Director of Sales Operations (DSO) on the best forms of advertising and ensures any particular form of advertising is the best method given the offer, investment and target market.
- Develops a budget and ROI analysis for all marketing initiatives and gains approval from the DSO prior to implementation, spend and launch.
- Assess the results of any given campaign including an ROI and provides a report to the DSO.
- Is responsible for email leads and managing the Sales BDC department.
- Is responsible for ensuring the Client Experience Representatives are converting leads to appointments and working cooperatively with the Sales Consultants.
- Responsible for measuring leads and updating Vinsolutions within the BDC. Review Coaching Dashboard with staff weekly.
- Ensure that there is full communication between the Sales BDC, Marketing Department and Sales Team.
- Responsible for managing the online presence and ecommerce for dealerships.
- Builds an annual marketing budget and plan with timelines, broken down by dealership, department and advertising medium. Present the plan to the DSO for approval and incorporate the budget into the annual financial forecasts.
- Oversee daily department’s operations and appointment scheduling in the sales BDC, manages and supervises team of Customer Experience Representatives and Marketing team on a daily basis.
- Coach and train Customer Experience Representatives and marketing staff based off reports and outcomes.
- Manage and optimize Priority Appointment Advantage and customer retention (lease/finance), as well as, follow up with all customers that encourages customer satisfaction.
- Create and analyze reports and monitor departmental performance against goals to measure and staff effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the team and still maintain an exceptional level of service to the customer. Make recommendations to the Director of Sales and Managers where applicable.
- Manage and maintain an ongoing customer database to capture repeat business; champion of the CRM system Vinsolutions.
- Contribute to high scores for the manufacturer’s customer satisfaction index (CSI) and Mystery Shops.
- Continually learn about manufacturer trends, products and services and their benefits to the customer and dealership, demonstrate and share the knowledge as required.
- Ensure staff integrate marketing promotions and programs into the customer conversation where appropriate to demonstrate added value to the customer, completing any necessary administration, as appropriate.
- Monitor financial performance to ensure the department is meeting or exceeding budgetary commitments and adjust accordingly, within designated decision-making authority.
- Responsible for dealing with all advertisers (e.g., newspaper, direct mail, private sales, digital media, social media, websites, etc.) including negotiating pricing and establishing marketing campaigns.
- Gains insight and solicits feedback from key strategic advertising partners (e.g., Trader, eDealer, Syncro, Dealer.com etc.)
- Obtains and reviews reports from key strategic advertising partners in order to analyze dealerships’ marketing performance and make recommendations to the DSO.
- Utilizes web analytic reports to measure the effectiveness of websites in attracting prospective consumers to the dealerships.
- In conjunction with website providers is responsible for the management of the dealerships websites and ensures they are relevant, effective and regularly updated.
- Works closely with the new and pre-owned inventory coordinator to ensure vehicle display ads are properly merchandised and are generating a high click through and view rate.
- Strategize exit plan through analytics for vehicles.
- Has clear understanding of the manufacturers marketing programs and develops and implements marketing initiatives to support them.
- Ensures that the dealership websites are updated in a timely manner at the beginning of each month to reflect the manufacturers’ monthly marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for managing the manufacturers’ coop advertising budgets for dealerships
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a marketing role within the automotive industry
- Previous team management experience is preferred
- University degree or college diploma
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Marketing Manager – Retail Automotive