Master Production Scheduler
About Our Client:
Our client is a leading manufacturer of specialty consumer products.
The Master Production Scheduler is responsible for the scheduling of all production for their assigned facility. This includes scheduling for efficiency, forecasting based on historical trends and meeting customer expectations. The Master Scheduler duties include streamlining processes for sales and operations to maximize output efficiency as well as making use of extensive company and system (SAP) based knowledge and experience to best achieve business goals. Serving as a communication bridge within the company is one of the primary functions of a Master Scheduler, including connecting management and other departments by setting up meetings, creating useful reports, and driving change with idea exchanges.
- Develop valid, feasible production schedules for finished goods based on equipment, labor and raw material availability that meet the expectation of the business unit
- Ensure that the MPS and procurement plan accurately assesses history, seasonality, and sales order due dates while maintaining manufacturing efficiencies
- Review inventory levels and product demands to determine reorder levels and safety stocks that will ensure product availability and minimize inventory costs.
- Publish and perform root cause analyses on key metrics including Customer Service Levels, Actual vs. Scheduled Productions and Master Schedule Stability
- Develop S&OP processes that address inventory strategy, supply plan to meet demand, and resource implications
- Improve scheduling tools and procedures through application of innovative ideas and projects
- Analyze existing forecast and supply programs to improve inventory levels while supporting customer lead-times and service levels
- Identify and implement system and process enhancements within the supply chain to enable overall business process improvement
- Review New Product introductions, and Promotion Calendar to ensure that Supply Chain can support all program requirements
- Use SAP Capacity Planning tools to determine if production will be constrained in future periods; level load production plan, and identify potential corrective actions such as: working overtime, adding equipment, outsourcing or expediting
- Communicate out any shortfalls or bottlenecks related to supply and demand
- Ensure a good understanding of customer expectations through communication with Sales, Customer Service and Production
- Evaluate Customer Service and Sales impacts on material availability and production schedule that may be affecting demand for product over and above the plan
- Collaborate and communicate with all applicable production and support personnel to plan changes to the set schedule.
- Oversee Production Schedulers to ensure a thorough understanding of the production processes
- Responsible to assist in training new Production Scheduling team members; mentoring them as they learn the role
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in a similar role
- 5 – 7 years’ experience utilizing SAP
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operation Research
- Experience in managing manufacturing processes, productivity, and efficiency measurements
- Experience using MRP / ERP systems, including SAP/APO, Logility, and Oracle
- Experience with Product Development and understanding of product life cycles
- Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment practices
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities
- Collaborate within the organization to resolve opportunities as they arise
- Aptitude to take the initiative and implement forward thinking processes that streamline business practices
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel and Access
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
To apply, please send a resume to Shannon Terpstra at [email protected].
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Master Production Scheduler